Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATT HOLLAND

Comments

• Options
    Totally agree Reserves.

What exactly do you want Nick?

More players like Bouazza and Youga?

Neither looked like they could give a f on Sat. At least Matty stands up to be counted.

I think our problem is we've got way too many 'players who can change a game', but who do very little to live up to this billing.

Yes Holland ain't going to play a full Championship season. But I'd actully prefer him in the side, even at left wing, then someone like Bouazza who contributes bugger all.
  • Options
    In a minority now I know but I still think Matty is one of our better players. The team is so full of inconsistent performers its untrue but with Matty you get a steady if unspectacular performance time after time. Why he gets so much stick I just dont know. Creative not really, Hardworking certainly. If his and Varneys work ethic was shown all over the pitch then we would be higher up the division than we currently are. I will duck now.
  • Options
    Bouzza started off well, but if there is a lack of service from the central midfield of course he is going to fade away quick. look when we had decent midfielders like murphy and smertin in the middle even jerome looked a good player lose the service from the middle lose the game.
    Agree with you on the Youga bit though he is dreadful, i would rather have the slow fat Basey there! (what shocking left backs we have)

all i'm trying to get across is if we have another decent center midfielder next to Bailey we will play so much better, we need both of them to be able to support the strikers, help the defence, play balls out wide and tackle, and have a crack once in a while. Holland cant produce all of this, he can give the 110% bit but thats not good enough.
  • Options
    Varney is hard working and will score goals once the midfield is changed.
    i wish these Arabs would hurry up and buy us, so they can sack pardew and put me in charge, i will do a far better job then that muppet
  • Options
    nick.........if we had Frank Lampard we would be better but we dont have anyone else to play in centre midfield which is why Holland plays and does ok. We cant expect him to play like Jensen or Reid because he cant but likewise they could never get tackles and close down like Holland. Until we get a better set of midfield players I genuinely believe Matty should play.
  • Options
    Varney won't score goals.

He's missed chance after chance this year. If he could finish we'd be in the play offs...maybe
  • Options
    Got to replace him eventually, can't rely on him to play 90 minutes every week. He's one of the few consistent players, not the biggest problem but if we can replace him we should. Useful as a squad player, not good enough to be a regular if we want promotion.
  • Options
    I think the answer is ZZ - but as he's injured and we have no money (yet!), we're stuck with what we've got.

And I happen to think he's a pretty decent player to be 'stuck' with.

I don't know what the answer is but there's something very wrong with the team at the moment. Something that has been wrong ever since we were relegated.
  • Options
    Make you right on all counts V 11
  • Options
    I'd probably say Varney is my favourite player but I do agree. I think maybe now is the time to give him a rest or move him out wide (instead of Bouazza??).

Step forward Chris Dickson.

Or maybe play Dicko with Varney and drop Gray??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite]Holland is one of only 3 players we have of actual quality.

Holland
    ZZ
    Todorov

Next time any of the above 3 play, count the times they lose the ball when in possesion.

Then count the amount of times Gray, Sam or Bouazza lose possesion, there's your answer.

It really amazes me how little fans know about football.

Agree!
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]In a minority now I know but I still think Matty is one of our better players. The team is so full of inconsistent performers its untrue but with Matty you get a steady if unspectacular performance time after time. Why he gets so much stick I just dont know. Creative not really, Hardworking certainly. If his and Varneys work ethic was shown all over the pitch then we would be higher up the division than we currently are. I will duck now.

Agree again
    [cite]Posted By: nickaspanner[/cite]Bouzza started off well, but if there is a lack of service from the central midfield of course he is going to fade away quick. look when we had decent midfielders like murphy and smertin in the middle even jerome looked a good player lose the service from the middle lose the game.
    Agree with you on the Youga bit though he is dreadful, i would rather have the slow fat Basey there! (what shocking left backs we have)

all i'm trying to get across is if we have another decent center midfielder next to Bailey we will play so much better, we need both of them to be able to support the strikers, help the defence, play balls out wide and tackle, and have a crack once in a while. Holland cant produce all of this, he can give the 110% bit but thats not good enough.

He is a Defensive midfielder and does just that he defends all over the bloody pitch he wont score a million goals a season maybe not even two but he has the CAFC attitude of the team that won this league as does Varney and that's why they'd both be first names on my team sheet!
  • Options
    Varney would do well in the premiership when its all on the floor and nice pass and move, not up to the physical side of it tho, gives 100% looked a good player at Crewe another one Pards has turned bad? Gona get slaughterd for this but an amdy faye (pompey early newcastle days) esque player in the team right now would be awsome, sit in front of the back 4 give bailey and another licence to bomb on would work, semedo arter and wright and even zheng i think could play that role. If we told Matty Holland that was his Job and protect i have no doubts he would do a good job but Pards seems to still give him licence to roam.
  • Options
    Semedo should be playing there not at right back, now he is suspended he should give Shelvey another chance and leave Holland on the bench. Pardew is shi*e he should have brought central midfielders as soon as we went down but no he had to buy striker after striker. ZZ,Racon and shelvey should all be ahead of him, shame there all injured.
    ever wondered why Holland never gets injured? just a thought
  • Options
    Holland has been our best player this season. And that's very worrying.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nickaspanner[/cite]Semedo should be playing there not at right back, now he is suspended he should give Shelvey another chance and leave Holland on the bench. Pardew is shi*e he should have brought central midfielders as soon as we went down but no he had to buy striker after striker. ZZ,Racon and shelvey should all be ahead of him, shame there all injured.

Never injured? You talk sh!te he was injured half of last season and the start of this one!
  • Options
    And Shelvey is not available for the next three games.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nickaspanner[/cite]Semedo should be playing there not at right back, now he is suspended he should give Shelvey another chance and leave Holland on the bench. Pardew is shi*e he should have brought central midfielders as soon as we went down but no he had to buy striker after striker. ZZ,Racon and shelvey should all be ahead of him, shame there all injured.

Never injured? You talk sh!te he was injured half of last season and the start of this one!

Also Pards signed Zheng on a perm and Racon didn't he in front of everyone at Scunny?
  • Options
    YES HE WAS INJURED FOR THE FIRST 2-3 MONTHS AND HOW WELL WAS WE DOING UNTIL HE CAME BACK. WE WENT FROM 4TH TO SHI*E
    you never see him putting in crunching tackles or getting in the refs face when decisions dont go our way. Captain clean shorts with no voice get him out now!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]And Shelvey is not available for the next three games.

Why not ;
    suspended or injured ?

Also, anyone know the latest on Harry Arter ; he told us at the POTY do he "should" be back in "full" training in Oct/Nov.
  • Options
    He is playing for England is some tournament.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]And Shelvey is not available for the next three games.

Why not ;
    suspended or injured ?

Also, anyone knoe the latest on Harry Arter ; he told us at the POTY do he "should" be back in "full" training in Oct/Nov.

Jonjo is with the England u17's

Arter has played in a couple of u'18 games.
  • Options
    I don't think you get the jist of how these things work. You post your view, other people reply with their views. If you wanted us to just say 'yes nickaspanner, you're right' you should of said in the first post. Or go start your own blog.

Instead, we;ve had to read repetitive drivel where you've slagged off 5 players and the manager at the last count. Great stuff...........
  • Options
    thanks.
  • Options
    Can you all please say I am right please ;-)
  • Options
    We all know we have no wingers of any class so why not, tighten up the field, 4 1 3 2, when all fit : Weaver, Mouts (as will need to go forward) Hudson,Primus, Basey (good going forward) Racon, Bailey, Zheng, Ambrose, Todarov and Varney. forget about using wingers as we havnt had a deacent one since John Robinson.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: nickaspanner[/cite]YES HE WAS INJURED FOR THE FIRST 2-3 MONTHS AND HOW WELL WAS WE DOING UNTIL HE CAME BACK. WE WENT FROM 4TH TO SHI*E
    you never see him putting in crunching tackles or getting in the refs face when decisions dont go our way. Captain clean shorts with no voice get him out now!

Funnily enough when we lost reid who had the more attacking flair and quality!

I would Play Holland over Zheng everyday! Zheng shirks out of tackles more than Ambrose, injures himself in order not to play dont you find it funny how Zheng has never played a reserve game whilst recovering? Because he re-fuses to as "he is better than that!" That is not the charlton attitude!

People seem to forget we used to be a lot worse than we are now! We at the moment are more in need of someone to inspire the lads some one who let's them know when they win or lose games they'll be supported what's it called...... A Good Fan base or good management!

We need both and soon.

You're right shootershillguru
  • Options
    I think if you've played football - or, as in my case, still do - you'd understand that Holland is one of the few positives in the side at the moment.

A player's player.
  • Options
    Not bad. Not bad...........pity two are out till january
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]I think if you've played football - or, as in my case, still do - you'd understand that Holland is one of the few positives in the side at the moment.

A player's player.

You're right Valley11
    as are you AFKA ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]I would Play Holland over Zheng everyday! Zheng shirks out of tackles more than Ambrose, injures himself in order not to play dont you find it funny how Zheng has never played a reserve game whilst recovering? Because he re-fuses to as "he is better than that!" That is not the charlton attitude!

Where did you hear that?