Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall reported 'again' to The FA.

Evidently the ball went into a section of the crowd that refused to give the ball back and they've been reported by the ref to The FA.
But surely it beggars the question.....Do they only have one ball at The New Den?

Comments

• Hitler only had one ball !
  • edited October 2008
    Thats always been a mystery to me SHG why would the Albert Hall want one of Hitlers bollox ? did it sing then ?

mind u i have seen a few bands that sung bollox !
  • Goebbles had no balls at all !
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Hitler only had one ball !

There was a rumour that Himmlar had something similar
  • he must have been clever then cos he had 5 kids ? well Mrs Goebals did
  • Then murdered them
  • I never know whether its Himmler or Goebbles who had no balls at all to be hones. At least we can be sure millwall have at least one.
  • no Millwall has always been full of people that Talk Bollox
  • edited October 2008
    According to Wiki (yes I know) lots of versions the most popular of which is

Hitler has only got one ball,
    Göring has two but very small,
    Himmler is somewhat sim'lar,
    But poor old Goebbels has no balls at all.

But I always thought the 2nd line was "the other is in the Albert Hall" along with the 4000 holes from Blackburn no doubt.
  • Ah ha. Cheers Henry. So its Goebblels with a duck.
  • Sponsored links:

• no no no

One was in the Albert Hall after his mum cut if off when he was small----------------------tough upbringing,early anti smacking law in Austria , which resulted in Mrs H chopin her sons testical off instead.
  • You know when I posted that I just knew someone sooner or later was going to turn the converation that way...looks like it was sooner! LOL.
    Anyway going back to the original point, I am still somewhat puzzled why the non return of the ball should have held play up long enough for the ref to have felt the need to report them, surely another one would have been immediately available to have made that unnecessary...idiots!
  • From WIkipedia

All versions are sung to the tune of The Colonel Bogey March:

* The Colonel Bogey March MIDI file

[edit] Claimed original version, credited to Toby O'Brien

Göring has only got one ball
    Hitler's [are] so very small
    Himmler's so very similar
    And Goebbels has no balls at all

This version, thought to be the original, is interesting in that Göring has the one ball and Hitler apparently has two and that it starts with Göring. The musical comedy word play of rhyming Goebbels with "no balls" both argue in favour of this being a very early version.

[edit] Variant stanzas about Nazis

Variant number 1 (The most common variant)

Göring has two but very small,
    Himmler is somewhat sim'lar,
    But poor old Goebbels has no balls at all.

(In line 3, "somewhat" was sometimes replaced by "rather". The first line may also be one left ball, one brass ball, one big ball; approximately this version appears in Thomas Pynchon's V.. There is also an alternative to line 3: "Hess has even less,")

Variant number 2

The other is on the kitchen wall,
    His mother, the dirty bugger,
    Chopped it off when he was small.

(Outside of the United Kingdom, the second line is oft invoked as "The other is on the kitchen wall" or "The other is hanging on the wall". Some areas of the United Kingdom alter the second line to include local buildings. Mancunians use "The other is in the Free Trade Hall", whereas Londoners use "the Albert Hall")

Variant Number 3

Rommel has two but very small,
    Himmler, has something similliar,
    But Montgomery has no balls at all.

Other variations include use of the past tense, referring to Goebbels as Doctor, Hitler's other ball being "on the wall", mixtures of the variants above, and Hitler's life being "much simpler if he didn't have any at all".

[edit] Second verses: Hitler's mother

When the first verse includes Hitler's mother, a second verse is generally added:

She threw it over Germany,
    It landed in the deep blue sea,
    The fishes got out their dishes,
    And had scallops and bollocks for tea.

or

She threw it into a conker tree
    It missed and went into to the sea
    The fishes got out their dishes,
    And had scallops and bollocks for tea.

[edit] Verses about Germany and Germans

These verses mention neither Nazis nor Hitler:

Frankfurt has only one beer hall,
    Stuttgart, die München all on call,
    Munich, vee lift our tunich,
    To show vee "Cherman" have no balls at all.

Hans Otto is very short, not tall,
    And blotto, for drinking Singhai and Skol.
    A "Cherman", unlike Bruce Erwin,
    Because Hans Otto has no balls at all.

[edit] Introductory verse

(Sung to the tune of Land of Hope and Glory, and followed by some variant of the Nazi verses, above.)

Land of soap and water,
    Hitler's having a bath.
    Churchill's looking through the keyhole,
    Having a jolly good laugh

Be..e..e..e..cause...

Hitler — has only [etc]
  • wots that got to do with The Fuhers bollox tho
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]You know when I posted that I just knew someone sooner or later was going to turn the converation that way...looks like it was sooner! LOL.
    Anyway going back to the original point, I am still somewhat puzzled why the non return of the ball should have held play up long enough for the ref to have felt the need to report them, surely another one would have been immediately available to have made that unnecessary...idiots!

Times are hard
  • maybe we should had paid more attention to what Hitler had in his army instead of his under ware
  • Henry you need to get out more ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Henry you need to get out more ;-)

Tell me about it. Went on Saturday, saw some old school friends, got in a 1.30 am. Sunday night I was knackered at 9.00pm. Can't stay the pace any more and I was driving so didn't even have a drink
  • Face bovvered ? ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]From WIkipedia

All versions are sung to the tune of The Colonel Bogey March:

* The Colonel Bogey March MIDI file

Be..e..e..e..cause...

Hitler — has only [etc]

Well, Henry - that was a marvellous piece of research.
    Before you know it, they'll have you on the telly next!

;o)

Well, I grew up knowing Variant number 2 - London version.

The other is in the Albert Hall.
    His mother, the dirty bugger,
    Chopped it off when he was small.
  • Sponsored links:

• So if the spanners only have one,
    how many does Jordan have ?
  • Jordan has lots as he always talks bollox
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Hitler only had one ball ![/quote]

For those of us with only one ball this is most a most upsetting thread
  • [cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Hitler only had one ball !

For those of us with only one ball this is most a most upsetting thread

lol pete. A lad i know only has one - well he's got two now as they inserted a ping pong ball into the space where the other should have been... he gets it out reguarlaly to show people how he can ping it without wincing.

Odd i know. Wel he's a Manc so probably figures.
  • Curb-It so does Tav know this "lad" gets his bits out in front of you ? Does it ping when its hit with a cricket bat ?
  • Before his time but I did point him out to him at a recent wedding... just as the lad was going off to show off his prized possession on the wedding video!
  • Strange this so when some one says "table tennis " does he run like f**k or get a movement on ?
  • lol pete. A lad i know only has one - well he's got two now as they inserted a ping pong ball into the space where the other should have been... he gets it out reguarlaly to show people how he can ping it without wincing.

Odd i know. Wel he's a Manc so probably figures.

They offered me a pickled onion at first, had to get rid of that, ended up stiff as a board when I saw a cheese sandwich.