Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peter Kay

edited October 2008 in Not Sports Related
Quality programme tonight ....

Lionel Blair polishing a turd ....

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]

Lionel Blair polishing a turd ....

LOL - I'm in stiches Riscardo
  • edited October 2008
    Great Tv, not sure if its for you, young people.

Michael Jackson meeting the dwarf " Please to meet you, how old are you?"
  • I wonder how many people have looked on their remote for the purple button!!
  • Top quality show.
  • Just caught the end of it. Cat Deeley shouting "F*cking shut up" at the audience - LOL!
  • [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red Jnr[/cite]I wonder how many people have looked on their remote for the purple button!!

You obviously did!
  • Skyhd+ it;
    worth putting it on "Keep" incase I (drunkenly) erase it ?
  • I thought it was quality. R Wayne, "Are you like R Kelly? Yeah only better!"
  • I watched the first half hour and thought it was really tame, and less funny than the xfactor which I let the kids switch to in the end. Perhaps it got better after that?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]I thought it was quality. R Wayne, "Are you like R Kelly? Yeah only better!"

I thought the whole thing was hilarious, one of those programs that if you laughed you missed a subtle little one liner (thank god for Sky+ and the power of rewind)
  • The woman in todays soaraway Sun slagged it off. She obviously just didn't get it and is one of those pathetic people that think X-Factor really is about talent and music!
    A bit like when Gary Bushel had a go at the Royale Family, he didn't realise it was paroding his own. Did you ever see his living room on Noel Edmonds show? Really tasteful!
  • thought it was hilarious, didnt stop laughing. Havent seen the final show yet, sky+ it to watch tonight. Hope two up two down won, though Geraldine was some lady.

far too much to attempt to single out great bits, but

'duet week' with Kaiser Chiefs bloke'

Lionel Blair bits

'theres no-one quite like Grandma'

Jetskiing on the Niagra Falls

all had me in stitches.

As mentioned above, the Sun wont like it as it is parodying one of their favourite institutions.
  • as Guinness mentioned above, Michael Jackson asking the 'vertically challenged' dwarfish group Men2Boyz how old they were was a cracker too, as was their name.
  • edited October 2008
    Absolute quality...

The 'finalists' medley songs they had to sing. Peter Kays character going from Free Nelson Mandela into Rhiannas Unmbrella-ela-ela...

And the name '2 Up 2 Down' for the group of 2 disabled girls in wheelchairs and their able bodied partners! Ha Ha!

Genius.
  • Absolute quality - that man has a real wicked edge to him - Everything bad about "talent" shows parodied. It worked on so many levels. Fair game to all the "serious" people who took part.
  • So you will play 'The winner's song' for our new owners (we hope) at the next home match, then BDL? ;-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]So you will play 'The winner's song' for our new owners (we hope) at the next home match, then BDL? ;-)[/quote]

Big BDL Will probbably play Celebration(Kool and the Gang)to be on the safe side.
  • I am quite mystified by the lack of newspaper reviews on the programme yesterday. I guess these tv reviewers take these things so seriously that they hate the thought of someone parodying one of their prime time faves.
  • Cant believe the Sky+ let me down big time. I got the final results show but have only just found out that there was more that just that , BALLS!!!!!!!!!!! It better be repeated!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Quality work from the big man yet again! It reminded me of a beefed up 'Talent Trek' in the episodes of 'That Peter Kay Thing'. Hilarious!
  • Sounds great. What's the programme called? I'll try to download it from somewhere.
  • Bangkok, it was called:

"Britain's got the Pop Factor, and Possibly a New Celebrity Jesus Christ Soapstar Superstar Strictly On Ice!"
  • 'Previously the (general public) wouldn't piss on me if I was on fire'

pause

'I have a feeling they would now. . . '
  • The man is a genius. Was killing myself at some parts of it.
  • I've just seen you can buy the winners song on iTunes! There's a campaign to get it to finish above Leon off the X Factor's new single. Quality!
  • Does anyone else think "Geraldine" looked like Peter Kay in drag ?
  • edited October 2008
    uncanny wasn't it....
  • [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Does anyone else think "Geraldine" looked like Peter Kay in drag ?
    lol
  • one of our clients was in the show, my boss went up to manc land to see it filmed she said peter kay is a top top bloke, he personally called our client to ask her to be in the show, which the other 'billy big time' comedians would never do. I spoke to him on the phone when he called originally and was very funny. Any mad fans of peter kay as i am did you notice the jumper R Waynes Gran was wearing?? its from phoenix nights. He keeps saying that the third series is now written, but still no sign of a production date, i know he fell out with Dave Spikey and Neil Fitzmaurice after the second series as they objected to it being 'Peter Kays Phoenix nights' when they had written it with him. Lets hope they sort things out as good as max and paddy was it was no phoenix nights and the best episodes were when Brian Potter and the gang turned up.