Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

101 Tips for Reedy

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
I was thinking that, rather than waste all of the superior brain power we have here, we could harness it all and present a set of tips for Reedy to follow on our way to Prem safety. I'll begin:

1) Sort out Borat. If El Kak has to play, make sure he doesn't see another free kick in the oppos half again! And make sure he knows that he will be substituted immediately after a two footed, airbourne lunge anywhere on the pitch. For every backheel that is not absolutely, positively necessary he will be docked 1000 pound, even if it's done in training.

2) Let's not rely on Reid as playmaker. Even when that worked with Murphy, we were quickly found out. Try Reid on the wing and Ambrose in the centre just behind Bent in a 4-5-1, or have them constantly switching in those positions.

3) Give Rommedahl an exact set of instructions for going around his marker and putting in a cross or shot. Maybe play him as a striker behind Bent, having Bent roll out to one side and Rommedahl using his pace to come from a yard or two behind the last defenders so that he doesn't have to have great timing to beat the off-side trap.

4) Sort out the set-pieces (ie corners and free kicks). I don't care how, just do it! If we lack ideas, copy Bolton.

5) Figure ways to attack that will draw free kicks in strategic areas. Rommerdahl could be useful at this, for instance, but JT should be our main weapon. If he could get the ball to feet just outside (or inside) the box and keep it there with his fancy footwork until he's hacked down, that would be useful. It's used in basketball (it's called "drawing a foul") and should be utilised: it's not cheating, but genuine strategy.

Bonus

6) Change the pre-match music. Ketman's Funky, Techno, House re-mixes are ruining our season!!!

Comments

• Options
    we'll done Looky, can't wait for your other 95 suggestions :-)

Rommedahl said this week he doesn't like playing up front because, wait for this, he doesn't like heading the ball !

A professional footballer !!
  • Options
    Well, i'll provide the next few-

94 Get a new stadium announcer- oh he has gone!

(And i'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned before)

Oh and.....

93- Floyd's gone!

92- Harvey's gone

91 anyone ( on a more serious note?????)
  • Options
    7) don't play Borat and HH if we have other fit Centre Backs
  • Options
    Did Rommedahl really say that?

And 1 more tip let El K be as skillfull as he likes.
  • Options
    102,Look Away When The Other Side Gets A Free Kick Near Our Box,Or Gets A Corner! What Ever Happened To The Art Of Defending,SHOCKING,AND ALSO Can We Have A Player On The Center Circle With Pace To Collect The Ball And Run At Defences.If We Can Clear The ball Quickly Up To A Stricker We Might Score.
  • Options
    er... you're supposed to add 7 thru to 101!
  • Options
    players to recite the valley flags. failure to do so correctly means being dropped from the team (or stand).