Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Don't turn off the life support just yet....

There were signs of life in the second half, which left me with the feeling that we're not licked yet - a win against Sheffield United is not impossible, just need a bit of belief.

Yesterday, I thought Andy Reid was our MOM by an absolute mile, Matt Holland had a good game too, he showed a bit of passion, Faye did ok in the midfield too. Rommedahl needs to learn to go around players rather than through them, Ambrose was non-existent again. What is up with Luke Young, he's been awful for ages, take the captainancy away from him and give it to Faye or HH - Hopefully, Cory Gibbs will replace El Karhouri in the side when he is fully fit. We played better with 2 upfront, so I'd start both Bent's versus Sheffield United - what's up with JFH?

All in all, I left The Valley in quite a positive frame of mind, I'd have taken a point before the game but I came away with the feeling that we'd dropped 2 points.

Hope the banners looked good, couldn't quite see them from my vantage point in the North Lower :-)

Comments

• Options
    I feel better now than i did straight after the game to be honest. Very interesting comment by Luke Young in his post match interview, alluding the the team spirit is better now. Things definately weren't right, its clear to see now.

In his career, this is the biggest opportunity Les Reed has ever been given. He's a decent, Charlton bloke, and we need to give him every chance to put things right.
  • Options
    Reidy was without doubt our best player. ElKak is a liability, pair Diawara with HH until Gibbs is fit as he may be another option. Ambrose was poor and Romm frustrating, needs to work on his shooting. Holland gave 100% and that's fine by me. Two points dropped.

Special praise, imo, for Traore. Two months out, one reserve game and he not only lasted 90 minutes but did ok. Under Curbs he'd have needed five reserve games and we wouldn't have seen him until after Xmas. Better left back than HH and as far as I'm concerned it's welcome back Djimi.
  • Options
    Disagree about Triore but it's better to have HH in the centre.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]what's up with JFH?

Was also wondering about him after the contradictory reasons given for his absence against Reading. The below was in The Observer's match report today - might well be nothing to it, but I suppose it all depends on how reliable the 'source' is.

"Whether Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink will return to add firepower is debatable. Reed said he had been training on his own last week and hopes to be back soon, but a Charlton source suggested that the problem may be more mental than physical. A January transfer is likely."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Disagree about Triore but it's better to have HH in the centre.

Did you not think Traore did okay then ?
  • Options
    I thought Traore played OK and got forward in the second half, did much more than Young, who I still think might be injured which is why he is not featuring for England.

We have no other right backs do we?

Lots of Left Backs, Gibbs/HH/Traore/Youga but seemingly no options on the other side other then Kish (not a right back) or may be Borat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]
    We have no other right backs do we?

Lots of Left Backs, Gibbs/HH/Traore/Youga but seemingly no options on the other side other then Kish (not a right back) or may be Borat.

Play Kish at Right Back, he'd do us proud..........
  • Options
    Sankofa's a right back isn't he?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Sankofa's a right back isn't he?

I'm not impressed with Sankofa I'm afraid. If Luke is injured Kish would be my choice. He did well at right back in 2003/4 when Young was injured.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Sankofa's a right back isn't he?

I'm not impressed with Sankofa I'm afraid. If Luke is injured Kish would be my choice. He did well at right back in 2003/4 when Young was injured.

But that was 3 years ago, and he has even less pace now than he did then.