Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The ref....

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
was it me or did he have no neck ??

Comments

• he was bleeding finicky today I know that

never seen a ref so particular over where a free kick, thrown on etc to be taken.

And then let EL Kak get away with a shocker of a tackle - yes i kno whe got the ball and the lino never flagged BUT
  • i recreated the El Kak booking in the pub a couple of hours ago. He only had to put his foot across, that's all. He does love a bit of Karate Kid that fella.

As for the ref. The taking of the free kick again when Carson played it out to Traore....
  • and the taking of the free kick again when Everton fooked it up......... oops 0-1.

El Kak has forgotton he got sent off for jumping in a season or two back I'm sure. Oh and leave the fancy flicks and back heels to Ronaldinho, it doesn't become you!
  • I know i know.

As for Faye how the fuck (sorry) he missed that header - I'll never know
  • thanks mate, had completely forgot about that header.... :-(
  • I quite like seeing a ref making professional footballers take throw ins properly... but he did loose the plot on occasions and seemed to let Everton take free kicks as quickly as they liked (on the whole) and kept pulling us back.

On the whole I don't think he was that bad. He could have shown Elk a red for jumping into a challenge.
  • edited November 2006
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]I quite like seeing a ref making professional footballers take throw ins properly... but he did loose the plot on occasions and seemed to let Everton take free kicks as quickly as they liked (on the whole) and kept pulling us back.

On the whole I don't think he was that bad. He could have shown Elk a red for jumping into a challenge.

Was a calculated jumping challenge, he always knew he was going to get the ball!

Reid did a lunging challenge right near the box which was worse than El k's challenge, don't hear anyone complaining about that. Jeezus one of our own players does a jumping challenge and gets the ball and people want him sent off. crazy.
  • Don't want him sent off at all ! Just know that refs are hot these days on two footed lunges, and to do one on the touchline when all he needed to do was step across was ridiculous decision-making.

I like a player going in hard, and if you get a bit of man instead of the ball is a bonus. But he has to learn to drop those two-footed lunges from his game overwise he will be seeing a lot more red cards, and that won't help no one.
  • El Kak is a real enigma.

You cannot fault his commitment to the cause and at times he is capable of moments of real quality such as his tackle on McFadden. He can also pass beautifully on occasions.

On the other hand he makes the odd awful mistake and there is the ever present danger of his "rushes of blood" getting him sent off eg WBA a couple of years back.

I actually wonder, if Kish is out of favour, if he would be better in midfield alongside Faye. It would certainly toughen us up, he can pass a ball and would not get exposed to the same degree meaning (hopefully!) no need for his rasher challenges
  • edited November 2006
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Don't want him sent off at all ! Just know that refs are hot these days on two footed lunges, and to do one on the touchline when all he needed to do was step across was ridiculous decision-making.

I like a player going in hard, and if you get a bit of man instead of the ball is a bonus. But he has to learn to drop those two-footed lunges from his game overwise he will be seeing a lot more red cards, and that won't help no one.

although el kak has a tendancy for as some describe 'the 2 footed lunge', i cannot remember him 'doing' the player. in fact his timing of the tackle is very good. no-one on here was moaning when he jumped in as last man at newcastle. i think he is getting a bit of a raw deal from fans at the moment, one of the reasons being his free kicks. why has no-one slated our corner routines over the last ? years. we tend to get half a dozen of those a game yet when was the last time we scored from one?

by the way, if sorondo is some peoples answer then we are in even more trouble than i thought, (IMO).
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2006
    Totally agree! imo Sorondo isn't all his cracked up to be.
  • Len: Have to pick you up on your "can't fault his commitment" comment about El Kak. Thought he was nothing short of disgraceful at Reading. You should've heard what Gary Birtles was saying about him on Football First that night.

That said, he's all we've got at the moment really, so I guess we're stuck with him. However, if one player personifies what is wrong with our team at the moment and how far we are from the traditional "Charlton-type" player - then it's him.

Can't really comment on Sorondo - although I'm sure I must've seen him play once!
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]However, if one player personifies what is wrong with our team at the moment and how far we are from the traditional "Charlton-type" player - then it's him.

bit harsh IMO, if i was describe that for anyone, it would be Romm.
  • Yeah, but wingers are wingers. Always have been frustratingly inconsistent and always will be. You want your centre half - or come to that your centre mid - to be strong and solidly consistant. He ain't.
  • fair point.
  • Alan Wiley = Dwarf with a whistle