Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

(2008 thread) - Everything you need to know regarding Charlton Life and this Sunday's half marathon

Comments

• 2 hrs 25 mins for me. All went OK until about mile 8, but it was hard going from that point on.

Thanks to all involved, and special thanks to TCE for the late supply (and delivery) of the running shirt and 3blokes for his encouragement for me to start running again as we approached Greenwich Park!

The legs are a bit robot-like today, but I certainly intend to keep the running going once the aches and pains ease off.
  • Well done to everyone who took part, supported us from the roadside, got t shirts printed and for the lovely grub in the pub. Never have I looked forward so much to food!!

Got round in just under 1 hour 57 mins. Stopped for a 2 min pee break and in the last mile was busy helping others to jog home instead of walking. Never have I run in so much rain before.

I have such sore nipples it is unbelievable!!

But I enjoyed the run despite the transport and general organisation and will do one again, would have loved to have done the royal parks this weekend
  • edited October 2008
    Could those of you who have done your own sponsorship forms etc please reply or whisper me with your current totals, as i'd like to get a rough amalgamated figure to pass on elsewhere.

thanks
  • I've just emailed out again this morning so have money coming in as we speak but will have a better idea tomorrow. We stand at 765 at the moment.
  • When Steve and I crossed the line it read 2.53.09 but when we crossed the start line it already said 0.9.54 so someone else can do the maths... 2.44 ish...
  • mr run backwards encouraging johnboy
  • I just cant believe Steve ran backwards for nearly 7 miles. He was attracting so much attention to us where as I would have preferred the ground to swallow me up.
  • Just to reiterate about our mate Steve, i thought John was joking about him running backwards, but everyone i spoke to said he spent most of the course running that way, and was known everyone as 'running backwards man'.

Couple that with the fact he had a Ball on Saturday night, got to bed at 3am and had a chicken tikka slice for breakfast, and you will see he is quite clearly, a lunatic !

Got some good post-race pics, will try and upload them tonight
  • Fair play to all of you, good to see GHE running with the ladies like you style .... wait for one to pass out!
  • [cite]Posted By: Gumbo[/cite]Fair play to all of you, good to see GHE running with the ladies like you style .... wait for one to pass out!

was working from your book Gumbo!!
  • Sponsored links:

• hey TCE and AFKA.. look what i found when searching the net.

hello
  • [qu ote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]hey TCE and AFKA.. look what i found when searching the net.][/quote]

You really don't want to know how worried I was when I read that ;-)
  • edited October 2008
    The times are in on the RTTB website;
    finishing time for me was 2hr 26mins and I was placed 5689
    This broke my previous personal best of never having run one before ;-)
  • 2.27.10 for me.

2.16.27 for Tavern.
  • oh and only 7252 finished? what happened to the other 5,000 odd runners?
  • 2hrs 8mins for me.

Curb_it - looking at the forums they reckon at least 3,000 didnt bother because of the transport problems...
  • i dropped down 800 places in my second 10k... went off far too fast for me. If only i hadnt stopped to chat to my sister!!
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Curb_it - looking at the forums they reckon at least 3,000 didnt bother because of the transport problems...

Apparently some people turned up late, due to the transport issues, but were not allowed to run.
  • I finished in 2hr 45min 06sec
    Albany Steve finished 1 second ahead of me (backwards) in 2hr 45min 05sec
  • 2hrs 16 mins and 3 secs, 1 second quicker than my watch said so i'm claiming that. Must have been the corner i cut out at Woolwich Arsenal with Afka TCE and Dave Story, Afka said that every stolen yard will help!!
  • Sponsored links:

• WSSWSS
    edited October 2008
    Just been sent an email saying you can watch the moment you crossed the line.

(will be up tomorrow morning apparently)
  • I finished in 2,380th (LOL) in a time of 1hr 58min 51sec
  • [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]The times are in on the RTTB website;
    finishing time for me was 2hr 26mins and I was placed 5689
    This broke my previous personal best of never having run one before ;-)

And not forgetting getting done for pace in the last mile by a "Bottle of London Pride" the shame of it all. Lol
  • official time of 2:10.39

I have never used the lift in our building as much as I have today.
  • cor my sisters friend ran it in 1.5215. Thats great.
  • Sorry all, just realised the link I gave for the photo's wasn't the best... and didnt display all the shots on one page. Here's the better link:

Duplicate Images
  • So, are we all signing up for next year ?
  • Yeah, deal me in :)
  • It's Franny Jeffers!
    Linky
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: DaveStorry[/cite]So, are we all signing up for next year ?[/quote]

Yes fella count me in