Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(2008 thread) - Everything you need to know regarding Charlton Life and this Sunday's half marathon

Comments

• Options
    Rest assured, that while most of you were slogging away, the village idiot was still being an idiot ;-)

IMG_5357.jpg?auth=1223222400.1382673602.11.0.17.d12af19c1abcb0b81b61c0134419058c28f51d9e.1223235064
  • Options
    well done to all the runners
  • Options
    Hats off to all!
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Just woke up from an hour and half's kip, going out for a five mile warm down!!!

Yeah am I ****, thanks all on here for your encouragement to do the run, the guy's and girls who run today for helping me complete it, not forgetting Suzi and Medders amongst others for the support on what was a horrible day weather wise.
    cheers
    Ray
  • Options
    great pic. home fron pub at half eight. can now not stand up. horrible horrible but did it.
  • Options
    The runners:

IMG_7105.jpg?auth=1223236800.1382720002.11.0.17.2e8940f2e3b164e50e20630668e608276d62d32b.1223237765
  • Options
    come on medders give us more.
  • Options
    As requested B.... ;-)

IMG_5370.jpg?auth=1223236800.1382778002.11.0.17.8594364e0ff0cdbca0daaa49ae5513430bba1a3b.1223238592
  • Options
    good job im not vain!
  • Options
    Some runners made the most of their newly found celebrity status...

IMG_5395.jpg?auth=1223236800.1383186402.11.0.17.c40281759e95749f63395f2fa49022cc804978e4.1223240397
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2008
    The rest of the shots (that I've sorted out so far) can be found on my website:

Duplicate Images
  • Options
    well done all sterling effort -
  • Options
    Great effort by everyone involved especialy the supporters, trust me when i say that we could not have done without you lot there!!!! thanks to all Lifers involved that made it a great day, what we doing next year ? ;o)
  • Options
    lets all do the moonwalk! 13.2miles (or the full moon - 26miles) through the night (power walking) in a decorated bra!

Well done everyone - you were all so awesome and it was great to see your smiles whilst pushing yourselves to the limit when you heard the shout of "Red Army"

TCE> I still resent being called a stalker! :-)
  • Options
    Fantastic effort, everyone!
  • Options
    well done all
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]lets all do the moonwalk! 13.2miles (or the full moon - 26miles) through the night (power walking) in a decorated bra!

Well done everyone - you were all so awesome and it was great to see your smiles whilst pushing yourselves to the limit when you heard the shout of "Red Army"

TCE> I still resent being called a stalker! :-)

oops, I'm keeping my head down until the coast is clear :-( ......................................................Sorry Suzi, please forgive me ;-)
  • Options
    Anyone else walking as ridiculously as i am this morning ????
  • Options
    How's the walking down stairs?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Anyone else walking as ridiculously as i am this morning ????

I'm laying on the sofa :-) .........until Suzi appears then I'm hiding behind it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Heroes the lot of ya!!!

If it's any consolation I got a little wet on my way to the shops to get the papers!!!!! :-)

Fantastic thing for you all to have done and you should all feel proud, as soon as the pain wears off that is.

Don't know if BDL agrees, but If any one of you wants to tell the world about your exploits on the radio next Sunday, I think it would be nice to get someone to recall the pain, suffering and the reasons for it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Anyone else walking as ridiculously as i am this morning ????

are you walking like liek you just had a night out in Heaven LOL
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    12 mile mark
  • Options
    The "Run To The Beat" website is taking a caning over the organisation of the run/race everything from drink stations to the accusation that the distance was nearing the 13.5 miles rather than 13.1miles.
  • Options
    ha, i was hurting at that point !
  • Options

I certainly am. Don't feel to bad, but my left calf just doesn't want to move despite ice, drugs and massage. The weather was crap but the crowds were great. Had a good chat with a few other runners on the way round and got interviewed in greenwich park by some tv crew (presumably channel 4 as they were covering the event I think).

got stuck in the car park for about an hour on the way home.

well done to all of you. despite the weather and the organisation the runners and the crowds more than made up for it.
  • Options
    CAPTION COMPETITION!!

If you take that picture I'm gonna smash your face in!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]12 mile mark[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_313615 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]12 mile mark.JPG[/div][/ul][/div]

Oh Suzi, kick a guy when he's down why don't you, .....................I said I'm sorry ;-)
  • Options
    I can't even see what picture I posted - I just get a red cross - but I think i know the one you mean! they weren't happy bunnies!

here is someone enjoying themselves!!!
  • Options
    Legs not too bad today surprisingly.

Just to echo GHE's comment " Great effort by everyone involved especially the supporters, trust me when i say that we could not have done without you lot there!!!! thanks to all Lifers involved that made it a great day,"

All support really was appreciated.