Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arsenal fans

My ears may have been deceiving me just now, but I'm sure I heard them booing at the end of their game with Hull.

According to the commentator it was only their second defeat at the Emirates in something like 60 games. I'm not sure I'd put up with that either - BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    so it's not just us then
  • Options
    It seems to me it reflective of ‘modern’ supporters. I can think of very few occasions over the years before the last few when the team got booed off. I remember going out to Orient in the League Cup in 1990 and the team was booed off that night, but they totally deserved that as we were truly awful against a side from a lower division. But because it was done so rarely you always felt it had more of an effect. Now it seems if we are behind at half time some part so the crowd will boo no matter what has happened.

I remember Martin Samuel wrote about this a while back in relation to Frank Lampard getting booed playing for England and he thought it may be to do with TV such as Big Brother where people will travel to boo a complete no mark leaving a house, and that they need to boo footballers in the same way.
  • Options
    I am going to up my level of booing at Charlton now.....well the addicks haven't wont the premiership or a cup for donkey's years. And have not won the last two matches....*scratches head and looks up to the ceiling! .....Altogether now.......BOooooooooooooooooooooo!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnnyH2[/cite]I remember Martin Samuel wrote about this a while back...
    You had me right up until that point. I automatically think the exact opposite of anything that fat, bigoted Wet Spam sockpuppet writes.
  • Options
    give me one win at highbury in the premiership anytime b4 i die, over the next ten years(minimum) of wow we beat reading 4-2's zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    those were the days...
  • Options
    now i know where you get it from Victor Pollard ;-) You should listen to me and Jim have a conversation about Charlton it's like a samaritans phone call.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]give me one win at highbury in the premiership anytime b4 i die, over the next ten years(minimum) of wow we beat reading 4-2's zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    those were the days...

You've already had it, Oooohaah. We won't be doing it again any time soon.

;o)