Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This bloke has been on trial for a bit

Charlton are considering a move for Zheng Zhi, a 26-year-old midfielder and the bad boy of Chinese football.

Zheng Zhi impressed Charlton Athletic boss Les Reed during a day's training session on Thursday.

The China international trained with The Addicks after being invited to the Premiership outfit for the day.

Although it was only a fleeting visit by Zheng before he participates in next month's Asian Games, Reed has hinted he will follow up on his trial.

"He joined in training today and looked very much at home - and I was impressed with what I saw," said Reed.

"He seems very enthusiastic, looks technically very competent and a very good athlete.

"His record in China is very good and we are looking forwards to seeing how he plays at the Asian Games in Qatar, and will monitor his progress there.

"It was a very brief visit with us, but we will follow up on that.

"The World Cup did a lot for Japanese and Korean players, but China has been a bit of a mystery up until now.

"But you have only got to look at the size of the population, the number of clubs and players, and you have got to say that there must be some decent players out there.

"We think Zheng is possibly one of them."

Comments

• Options
    six foot two (most likely not) eyes of blue, Big bad Zheng is after you

Chinese player of the year.
  • Options
    Also if he does sign get ready to see some tedious "tasty meal", "number 34", "Great blank of China" and "DVD" references. :-(
  • Options
    and if we do sign him, with our intrest from the millions of new chinese fans, we will have to translate and re-design the valley flags to vertical.
  • Options
    would help out the wall at free kicks...
  • Options
    reading fans reminded me of supporters from the Far East last week, all in the hoops and clapping perfectly in time.
  • Options
    why is he the "bad boy"?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]why is he the "bad boy"?

Got banned for something - I think pushing a ref?
  • Options
    He bit off a dog's head on the pitch once apparently
  • Options
    didn't he break cisse's leg
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]why is he the "bad boy"?

Got banned for something - I think pushing a ref?

spat at him. got banned for 6 months.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    spat at the ref, and broke cisse's leg in a friendly.

can see him fitting in well with our image !
  • Options
    Another Di Canio in the making? ;o)
  • Options
    breaks legs, attacks refs, bites heads off dogs, probably beats his wife after ten pints, he sounds like another Matt Holland to me....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]breaks legs, attacks refs, bites heads off dogs, probably beats his wife after ten pints, he sounds like another Matt Holland to me....

What he manages all that but never gets booked? Sign him up I say!!!