Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chelsea win John Terry appeal and SPurs

Not surprised Chelsea won that appeal Halsey got that so bloody wrong it was embarrassing.

As for Spurs GOTTA LAUGH

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited September 2008
    But surely that is admitting Terry did absolutely nothing wrong?

As the FA can't downgrade from a red to a yellow its just saying that he was innocent isnt it?

I thought it was definately a foul - maybe not a sending off but a yellow - but that point is erm, pointless, after he has been given a red.

Or am I wrong?
  • Options
    didn't the ref say he sent terry off for the recklessness of the challenge, it was like a rugby tackle, the fa undermining the official when the official has a good point
  • Options
    Oh but come on - we can't have the England captain not playing in the biggest game of the season so far can we........
  • Options
    So the FA are saying it wasn't even a yellow card? Like you say WSS, can't have him not play for the Sky Sports live game can we!
  • Options
    I thought it was a yellow card, it was a foul. The straight red was a bit harsh, should have just booked him.
  • Options
    bravejt2.jpg

Sorry, thats a foul and a least a yellow card. As it is a yellow card (it has to be Spankie, no?) and the fact the FA cannot downgrade a red to a yellow the ban should have stood.

Or are you now allowed to do the above without getting booked? Thats what the FA are saying are they not.

I hate the FA and their double standards so much.
  • Options
    I agree with ya Medders / WSS it was a definite yellow but not a red - and it's bloody nonsense they can;t downgrade to a yellow.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]and it's bloody nonsense they can;t downgrade to a yellow.
    Agreed.

May go some way to explaining the decision? Did they appeal against the card of the reason for the card being given?

Chelsea's on-field complaints were initially based on the fact that Terry was not the last defender.

But Halsey's decision to issue a red card for serious foul play rather than a professional foul meant the position on the pitch and the presence of other players were not relevant.

Serious foul play is classed as when a player "uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is play".
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Sorry, thats a foul and a least a yellow card. As it is a yellow card (it has to be Spankie, no?) and the fact the FA cannot downgrade a red to a yellow the ban should have stood.

Or are you now allowed to do the above without getting booked? Thats what the FA are saying are they not.

I hate the FA and their double standards so much.

But how can it be right that he serve a 3 match ban for a yellow card offence?

I agree with Ledge, it's stupid that the FA can't downgrade it but at the same time I think that common sense has prevailed, there was no way that deserved a 3 match ban when you compare it to the tackle at Newcastle that broke the Hull blokes leg.
  • Options
    Fine body of men the FA in the tradition of FIFA and all it stands for. Pigs in a trough. Wait now for the Sky pundits to fully back this brave and of course correct descission.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agreee Barn Door - no way worth a 3 match ban but why not sort the rules out then.

This isnt anything about Terry, or even the ref - it's the FA and the people that run it are a joke.

They did exactly the same with Shearer when he was England captain (Lennon boot to the head anyone?) and they are doing it again.

Anyway, we can all look forward to a few rugby tackles up in Doncaster tonight with no reprimands...
  • Options
    Once the subject was aired on Match of the Day by the big boys re the big boys (LOL), it was a foregone conclusion.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I agreee Barn Door - no way worth a 3 match ban but why not sort the rules out then.

This isnt anything about Terry, or even the ref - it's the FA and the people that run it are a joke.

No disagreement on that!
  • Options
    How do the FA get away with being a bunch of inconsistent morons? It amazes me that we allow them to run our international side and football league.
  • Options
    Alan Shearer was innocent, Neil Lennon headbutted his foot
  • Options
    it is a load of cack John teryy brought him down intentionally in a manor more befitting rugby, In a nutshell he cheated he made a concious decision to cheat therefore the fa should have up held the decision.

yet again the case of frivilous appeal, an offside decsion at arsenal over ruled and pen given and player dissmissed or the england captain cheating and getting off doesnt take a genius to work out the big 4 bias
  • Options
    The real question though is.....is anyone in the least bit surprised by this? Time and time again we see the FA being run by the big 4 or 5 clubs for their benefit alone and no one elses. This is another reason I think a lot of people are falling out of love with the game and if the FA don't wake up soon they'll find that everyone else has given up trying to compete on an equal basis and their "darlings" have burgered off to a European league of their own.
  • Options
    What about Parkers "sending-off" at Molineux afew years back ?
    Wasn't that whipped out (the 3 match ban) but it was kept as a sending-off on his record.
    Also , I'm sorry to state the obvious , but England Captains DO get away with things .
  • Options
    Loved it when Terry got sent off. It was plainly obvious that he committed a 'clever' foul near half way knowing he'd get a booking and that would be it. When he got a red he was stunned, served him right. Now it's overturned what sort of message does that send out. Do what you like John, you're untouchable.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]I thought it was a yellow card, it was a foul. The straight red was a bit harsh, should have just booked him.

Even if it was not a yellow, terry refused to leave the field of play immediately and then made gestures to the crowd as he exited. I laso remmeber that he took a red card out of the referees hand a season or two ago as the ref was about to send another chelsea player off and did n't he lie about what a referee said to him in one match when the ref was miked up and every time he has been let off. Not fit to wear the Chelsea arm band let alone England.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]I thought it was a yellow card, it was a foul. The straight red was a bit harsh, should have just booked him.

Even if it was not a yellow, terry refused to leave the field of play immediately and then made gestures to the crowd as he exited. I laso remmeber that he took a red card out of the referees hand a season or two ago as the ref was about to send another chelsea player off and did n't he lie about what a referee said to him in one match when the ref was miked up and every time he has been let off. Not fit to wear the Chelsea arm band let alone England.
    Respect campaign, innit?

Not sure where the often cited "last man" rule comes into this, anyway. I don't believe there is any such rule: there's a rule around denying a clear goal scoring opportunity, which a lot of people believe means the red card only applies if you're hte last man.