Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Spurs vs. Villa

WSSWSS
edited September 2008 in Other Football and Sports
:-)

That's all. It's nice seeing that lot propping up the table - i know it's early in the season but still...

Carter - you happy?

Comments

• Good on Benty
  • yeah quality goal that from benty lol

must admit to watching and laughing, alot (sorry jonboy)

imagine if westham and spudz go down, it'd be well funny!! we live in hope tho eh!! lol
  • Spuds relegated with Benty scoring 20 goals would be the ideal outcome imo.

Won't happen though, they'll turn it around, possibly after yet another managerial change and limp home in mid table as usual.

It's a shame in a way because although I loath them I can't help thinking they should be a really entertaining team to watch and should really be giving the big 4 a run for their money and keeping the league a bit more interesting.

Hopefully Benty will keep it up though. There's a slot tailor made for him in the Engalnd side just in front of Rooney if he can only get his form back together again.
  • Spurs fans seen throwing season tickets on pitch at full time whistle and booing the team off,usual behaviour down the lane.

They should sack the manager and bring back George Graham.
  • Ha

Haha

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • Spurs are the Newcastle of London. Totally deluded fans who live on memories.
    Good old Motty came out with a few gems tonight on 5Live: Spurs have not won at home since last March when they beat Pompey and that was also the last PL game that they scored 2 goals. Shocking really.
    If you let 3 players of the quality of Berb, Keane and Defoe go you're gonna suffer, AND they spent £60m in the close season.
    North London mupets with the without doubt the least attractive ground in London, whilst also being the worst to get to and to get home from. I hate Spuds and WHL.
  • Well put Chirpy red, Deluded being the key word.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Spurs are the Newcastle of London. Totally deluded fans who live on memories.
    Good old Motty came out with a few gems tonight on 5Live: Spurs have not won at home since last March when they beat Pompey and that was also the last PL game that they scored 2 goals. Shocking really.
    If you let 3 players of the quality of Berb, Keane and Defoe go you're gonna suffer, AND they spent £60m in the close season.
    North London mupets with the without doubt the least attractive ground in London, whilst also being the worst to get to and to get home from. I hate Spuds and WHL.

Have I told you Chirpy that I love you!
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]

Have I told you Chirpy that I love you!

Not for a while - <blush>
  • No worries, we'll both run around tottenham with our willies hanging out instead
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]No worries, we'll both run around tottenham with our willies hanging out instead

Showing off our foreskins!
  • Absolutely, singing I..............

Hold on. Where are the torpedos? Or do we all hate the yidos?
  • I have a soft spot for Spurs and its not my willy. In my days in insurance I used to go on corporate junkets to White Hart Lane and enjoyed it immensely from a neutrals perspective. The Spurs fans that I spoke to though did make me smile.

According to most I spoke to,

"they were a massive club who played 'the Spurs way', not like Arsenal maybe more succesful recently but who wants to watch boring defensive football each week?"

Then came Arsene Wenger and suddenly their fox was shot. Since then they've just become serial moaners. Sad really.
  • North London ---- sh*t, just like modern art, jazz and Celtic !
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]North London ---- sh*t, just like modern art, jazz and Celtic !

Sorry I like Jazz, I don't mind Arsenal either as it happens......
  • I really enjoy it when both of them loose in this manor, There was a heated debate in the canteen about the decline of the North London Giants (ahem alleged), both sets of fans deny any decline and always revert back to the what like your lot,

I remind Arsenal that they are in decline because 4 years agao they were the team to challenge man yoo now they contest it with Liverpool for 4th place and i am informed that,that is not decline it is progress as i will never understand how hard it is to finish 4th.

Then i get told that Spurs are not in decline even though the only thing that they win every so many years is the league cup.

That although they regulary finish in the top ten last year they never and that they will never win the fa cup again nor the league and that surely although the state of your decline is less due to the fact that it has been so long since you did anything of substance you are in a state of decline and one taht will never be rectified due to your pish poor fans and mgmt who believe they are kings of the world.

Jaunde ramos out by xmas Poyet to Newcastle
  • it was funny as hell watching
  • edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]North London ---- sh*t, just like modern art, jazz and Celtic !

Sorry I like Jazz, I don't mind Arsenal either as it happens......

I don't like jazz, not bothered about Arsenal, don't like Conceptual Art but don't mind some modern art like Art Deco. Do like Celtic.
  • [cite]Posted By: Badger[/cite]Well put Chirpy red, Deluded being the key word.

Spuds, deluded fans???
    Course not, they're going to break into the top 4 this season don't ya know.....
  • Henry--- Chirpy see your local GP they probably have some one you can see about your "problem" till then best to stay in the closet !

Jazz -- ok , poor peeeps
    modern art---ok, i shouldnt laugh
    like Celtic ------, looks for petrol can
    like arsenal ------------------------ on the way can and matches in hand !
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Henry--- Chirpy see your local GP they probably have some one you can see about your "problem" till then best to stay in the closet !

Jazz -- ok , poor peeeps
    modern art---ok, i shouldnt laugh
    like Celtic
    , looks for petrol can
    like arsenal
    on the way can and matches in hand !

GH, Thought you said you liked modern art like Art Deco (the most modernist of modernist art forms).

You really seem have a problem with your need to constantly threaten violence via a keyboard. Is it an age thing? Take a chill pill chum or go and read a Saga Holiday catalogue : - )
  • Art Deco is all about style etc its aint some cross between being a butcher, a fishmonger, or a taxidermist.Credit crunch ? nooo ill just pop out and buy me a fish in embalming fluid for millions ------------- joke concept and the guy is taking the piss.Well done to him though, he can see what a load of pretenous nobs they are and its easy money.

As for the anger/rage thing Henry cant see it myself burning Celtic and arsenal fans on Blackheath is a service for the comunity not anger !!
  • It's easy to deride Damien Hirst and of course there is a bit of pretensiousness in modern art as there is in all art, but this is a generational thing, every new art movement met with hostility pretty much from the renaiisance onwards. Artists like van Gogh, whose paintings now sell for millions couldn't be given away when he was living. Artists like Monet and the impressionists were sneered at by the art establishment. Picasso and the other abstract painters of the early 20th Century were similarly disregarded.

Hirst's stuff does have some merit - the shark in formaldehyde is linimal in that it expresses a threshold between living and dying. All the same I'm not sure that I'd want a shark in a tank of formaldehye in my living room as a conversation piece.
  • what a load of gash get on with it lads!
  • edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Art Deco is all about style etc its aint some cross between being a butcher, a fishmonger, or a taxidermist.Credit crunch ? nooo ill just pop out and buy me a fish in embalming fluid for millions
    joke concept and the guy is taking the piss.Well done to him though, he can see what a load of pretenous nobs they are and its easy money.

As for the anger/rage thing Henry cant see it myself burning Celtic and arsenal fans on Blackheath is a service for the comunity not anger !!

Art Deco is modern art and you like it therefore you like some modern art.

Hurst and the cut up animals, bricks on the floor etc which you keep banging on about are NOT all that there is of "modern" art. They are "conceptual" art, most of which, like most jazz and most Russian Literature I think is crap.

It's so funny reading your rants against things I don't actually care for as you obviously think that attacks on jazz or modern art are going to wind me up when you are just a million miles off the mark as per normal.

I'm not laughing at you Roy just laughing towards you.

As for Celtic I only mention them on here to get a Pavlov's dog reaction from you and Fishnets and it works every time. At least DA9 worked that out and sees it for the silly banter it is.
  • Spurs vs. Villa

Now a tag team super heavyweight match:

GH & Fishnets vs. Irving & BFR

Like always, it will end in a no contest with the referee drawing a line under it...
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Spurs vs. Villa

Now a tag team super heavyweight match:

GH & Fishnets vs. Irving & BFR

Like always, it will end in a no contest with the referee drawing a line under it...[/quote]

Well dadaism was an ironic mockery of other, older and more established art forms, particularly high art and renaiisance art.

Think of it like this, most of us remember, or are at least aware of the arrival of punk. In the mid/late 70s that was a reaction against over packaged conceptual rock and pop of the era which no longer reached a certain audience. Yet most punk musicians were derided because they clearly couldn't play their instruments to anywhere near the same technical standards of those whose music they mocked. Did it matter? Well I suppose strictly speaking if someone could only play the same two/three chords on a guitar and then not particularly well then someone versed in music theory would probably look down on them, but they would entirely miss the point. Just as the dislikers of modern art do...
  • edited September 2008
    Henry ooooooooooooooooooo dear dear u dont re-act ? see Chirpys messages and ur replies. As for modern art , jazz , Celtic etc who is pulling whose chain ?
    Mr Pavlovers dog well i guess it is all right .I mention Russin authors and im told i cant even read mmmmmmmm. As for the petrol can etc its all rather metophorical (sic) as some how i just dont see The Mets finest and Greenwich coucil actually leting me burn people on Blackheath (to many kids about).

do u think that an oil company would let someone audit their modern art collection worth millions if he was set on burning it and hated it all ?

as for the WWW ,/ geek/ stalker all rather sad really.
  • You are all nuts you do know THIS IS SPURS YEAR YOU FOOLS
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Henry ooooooooooooooooooo dear dear u dont re-act ? see Chirpys messages and ur replies. As for modern art , jazz , Celtic etc who is pulling whose chain ?
    Mr Pavlovers dog well i guess it is all right .I mention Russin authors and im told i cant even read mmmmmmmm. As for the petrol can etc its all rather metophorical (sic) as some how i just dont see The Mets finest and Greenwich coucil actually leting me burn people on Blackheath (to many kids about).

do u think that an oil company would let someone audit their modern art collection worth millions if he was set on burning it and hated it all ?

as for the WWW ,/ geek/ stalker all rather sad really.

No one told you you couldn't read. That's just the fantasy world you live in where you think people look down at you when in reality no one gives a toss about your education one way or another.

You have a degree so stop playing the "poor uneducated me" line for all it is worth.