Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Geordies -- Newcastle zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

What f**kin planet are this lot on ? sick to death of hearing "what great support" " Cockney this cockney that" " no one knows how important footie is to us " etc etc etc

Bunch of TOSSERS.

Arsenal 60,000
Chelsea 42,000
Spurs 38,000
West Ham 38,000
Charlton 21,000
Fulham 20,000
Palace 16,000
QPR 15,000

normal gates for the above while living in each others pockets.

They think they are a laughing stock ,well they are right a joke club with huge over estimate oftheir own importance.

Comments

• Options
    Are Newcastle in the news again ?
  • Options
    I happen to feel the same. It hacks me off hearing that they are "the biggest club in the world". By what measurement? Last time they won the league was in the 1920's and they haven't won a domestic cup competition since the 1960's. Sure they are long-suffering but then, bar four or five teams, so are all the other clubs.

As for the "we turn out in our thousands week in week out", well they've got some very short memories. Prior to the Keegan's original time, the ground was half empty most of the time. I have some sympathy for the Citeh Massives because when they did fall out of the the top two divsions, they did continue to support the team, but the Geordie fans gave up going in their droves during their lean years.
  • Options
    I do think the "biggest club" tag is wearing thin, certainly since i have been born Newcastle have won nothing. But you cannot underestimate the impact of one football team in a city and the love the city has for Newcastle Unite. St James's Park dominates the city in more ways than one and it speaks volumes that despite lack of success they still get 50,000+ for games and this is only constrained by the size of the ground.
  • Options
    Totally with you on this, as you say before Keegan came along there crowds were very poor. Why the media seem to think they're such great fans, I don't know. I'm sure you would love a chairman to invest the money that Ashley has, and as you also say recent history shows they havn't won anything worthwhile since the 60's, but then some teams do like to go on about being a great club, simply because they won a trophy 60 years or so ago.
  • Options
    If your in London u have lots of teams on ur door step up in Geordie land what they got to do ? compare tattoos ? thats ok for the women but what about the men ?

Car-toon army
  • Options
    That woman on MOTD on Saturday cracked me up...

"My life is ruined"

Dear oh dear, get a grip love
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]That woman on MOTD on Saturday cracked me up...

"My life is ruined"

Dear oh dear, get a grip love

Why was her life ruined, because the DSS had stopped her giro? No, don't tell me, it's the smoking ban indirectly causing the local boghole - sorry, working mans club - to shut down? Or maybe the local tattoo artist has upped sticks and gone? Or maybe the social are handing one of her kids back for her to look after?

God, hark at me with my norvan munkee stereotypes!
  • Options
    what she said really was "my lifes ruined im a Geordie" yeppppppppppppppppppppp sure is.
  • Options
    I know they will say its only Charlton but I have been there 6 or more times with Charlton and we have outsung them every time.

Their away support is second to only Man Utd in terms of noise and numbers but St James can be soulless at times.
  • Options
    Feck em not worth your breath the pikeys of the north that mob
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]If your in London u have lots of teams on ur door step up in Geordie land what they got to do ? compare tattoos ? thats ok for the women but what about the men ?

Car-toon army[/quote]

OBJECT too this - i am a geordie with no tattoos or piercings and dont wear skimpy clothes and get drunk!
  • Options
    didnt mention piercings -- skimpy clothes -- or geting drunk.

Car-toon army car-toon town.

maybe Walt Disney should be the next manager ( yes i know he is dead !).
  • Options
    Certainly a mickey mouse club
  • Options
    WSS how can we say these things ? i mean the way the flock to the only club in their TOWN and the way they flock to the only club in 30 miles is well stunning really.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    did anyone see that disgraceful, petulant, idiotic foul by that stupid twat guthrie on fagan the hull player , just heard on ssn's the hull player has broken his leg and could be out for up to 3 months.... disgraceful
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]did anyone see that disgraceful, petulant, idiotic foul by that stupid twat guthrie on fagan the hull player , just heard on ssn's the hull player has broken his leg and could be out for up to 3 months.... disgraceful

I saw that, it was a shocker, had to rewind it a couple of times just to check if it really was as vindictive as it looked first time round.

Didn't realise the guy had broken his leg though!

He should get a hefty ban for that.
  • Options
    The kinds of supporter that mills around stadium ready to whine about someone or get over-excited when there's a new signing is the kind of supporter that Newcastle have a lot of. Absolutely deluded about the size and importance of their club.

At the end of the day Ashley did exactly what they wanted and now he's the devil. Such idiots.
  • Options
    I'm not even going to bother reading what everyone else has written, I will say only this..

Newcastle united is a captive audience. There are no other options if you are born there, if you want to watch football, there is only one option. Newcastle.

It's it's like a hyper concentrated form of nationalism, they (the fans) actually don't give a crap about the club, what they want is the spiritual and the heroic leader to be reinstated.

The man in question, Keegan is himself of questionable disposition.

Imagine, you are Kevin Keegan, perhaps the greatest example of failure, the biggest looser, serial quitter to all of a sudden be surrounded by thousands of people calling your name in support despite the FACT that you have already failed them twice, perhaps three times over.
  • Options
    Like everyone else I do find it a bit anoying when I get told how great their support is, blah, blah, blah. I went there at the end of the 80's when I think the had crowds of around 15,000 sometimes (in fact I think we were catching them up). BUT those that did go really got behind their team and in fairness to them since they are generally okay as individuals in my experience, probably down to them winning burger all since the 60's. I'd rather spend time with a Newcastle fan than a Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea fan put it that way. They are a little blinkered in only seeing things from a Toon point of view but then most fans are of their club aren't they? It's mostly the media who keep telling everyone else what great fans they are, etc, etc.

What I just don't get at all is the Keegan thing. Blokes proven time and time again he's a complete flake yet they still come out in their 1000's for him. That, I just don't get...
  • Options
    I've often thought wot it would be like to have just one team in london, i mean how big would the ground have to be for that??

Is there any other city in the world that has as many professional teams as us!?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Les Addicks[/cite]What I just don't get at all is the Keegan thing. Blokes proven time and time again he's a complete flake yet they still come out in their 1000's for him. That, I just don't get...

As opposed to Charlton fans who still bad mouth Curbs despite the fact he took us further than most could have dreamed when he took over. I know which type of fan I'd rather have around.
  • Options
    bloodnut
    lennie laurence took us further in real terms than curbs no ground no money and still took us into the 1st division
  • Options
    I didn't say that, im one more up ;-)
  • Options
    Ahh, he was talking to me then.

In which case AA, that's not the point, and without wishing to re-open te debate AGAIN, Curbs undeniably took us a long way and far further than was expected when he took over and probably further relative to what KK did with Newcastle yet in Newcastle KK is the Messiah and in SE7 Curbs, in some peoples eyes, is almost resented. There's a happy medium somewhere, I was just pointing out that I'd rather have blind fanatacism at the Valley than one eyed cynicism.
  • Options
    you can't make the blind see exiled addick....
    there are those who thought curbs going would be good for the club but in truth i don't think it could have gone worse any quicker for us in our fall from grace....
    the truth hurts
    and we have had an absolute mare ever since sir alan left us...FACT
  • Options
    Although I agree Oohaah, it makes me smile that on a thread about the Geordies, we manage to get a "Curbs good or bad" debate. :o)
  • Options
    ooooooooooooo FFS CURBS who ?
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]you can't make the blind see exiled addick....
    there are those who thought curbs going would be good for the club but in truth i don't think it could have gone worse any quicker for us in our fall from grace....
    the truth hurts
    and we have had an absolute mare ever since sir alan left us...FACT

Curbs going was the best thing for him and the club - LOCKED ON FACT!
  • Options
    Has Curbs been in the news?
  • Options
    Is it true that a Geordie is the off-spring of a Scotsman and pig ?