Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Problem for a Charlton dad - Agony Aunt/uncle needed

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
yesterday my son asked if, next time we go away or have a cup game, if we could go up the back behind the goal. I told him that people stand up and sing there. His eyes lit up. "yeah, that would be good".

Glad that he wants to be part of it but I've heard that some unsavoury charecters stand up the back and most of them seem to be on here. Now I'm worried that he'll come under the influence of people who will lead him astray, into pubs and god knows what. What should a good parent do?

Comments

• how old is he?

* gurns and licks lips *
  • we need to know how old he is first
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]how old is he?

* gurns and licks lips *

lol
  • Let him support someone else.

We dont need his sort making any noise while we're all trying to have a kip.
  • It's Ok 04 & I behave like a couple of kids when we go away we'll look after him..!
  • Take him to the pub before the game and teach him all the songs we sing!
  • That wont take too long Tavern
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]That wont take too long Tavern
    I must admit i was going to say that!lol!
  • He knows VFR and a few others and he may have been in the Liberal club once or twice or every game for about 4 years.

He's good looking (thankfully looks like his mother ) but he's just turned 8 so hands off, B!
  • Does he know the one about The old man trying to convince us to support West Ham?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2006
    "Does he know the one about The old man trying to convince us to support West Ham? "

That's strange cos my old man said be a Palace fan. I told him where to go, I can tell you!!
  • My old man said follow the band, but he would say that because he played the trumpet
  • Thankfully my dad would never suggest that I be a Palace fan although he is still, about 40 years on, bemused that I follow Celtic and not Rangers like him and my brothers (this is not an invite to start a debate on the old firm).

Not doubt my son will learn the words to that one and He comes from Senagal soon enough.
  • WSSWSS
    edited November 2006
    Is Oracle your dad Henry? ;-)

And your son is Senagalese? What a crazy world we live in
  • Good old Senegalese Jim !!!
  • LOL WSS -
    My son feels cheated that he has two English parents as of his best friends at School one is half irish/half brazilian, another is South African, one is a Rasta from Guyana. And this is at a C of E school in Bromley. I love it.
  • Following teh first game I ever took my lad to, we got home to find that his Gran (the wife's mother) had decided to invite herself for the evening. As I recall the conversation went...

Gran, "How did you like your first match?"

Son, "it was brilliant Gran"

Gran, " Did you shout with all the others?"

Son "Yeah and I joined in the songs, I learned this one,

....Oh Andy Hunt, He plays up front",( At this point Dad is attempting to throttle the Seven year old just to silence him) ... "His name sounds like a ...

Cue very frosty evening ( and cold shoulders for a week or more as I recall)
  • I remember as a 7 year old turning to my Dad on the way home from a match, and asking him, what was a wonker? It took three goes until I got the word right and he nearly crashed the car.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]What should a good parent do?

Move from Bromley.
  • Give him a quiz on the history of the club. If he gets 75% or more then you go together to the covered end. If he fails - one more season where you are during which time he has to revise for a re-sit next year.