Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Question for those of you with long memories (or the 80s video)

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
Remember the Chelsea game at Stamford Bridge on the last day of the 87-88 (I think) season? The one where Paul Miller's fluky double deflected equaliser meant we got the point that saved us from being in the play-offs 2 years in a row. And no, that's not the question.

When Carl Leaburn got flattened in the penalty area, was he actually substituted, or did he have to carry on playing cos we'd already used our sub(s)?

Comments

• Options
    As far as I recall Carlo carried on playing, I don't know if he was actually knocked out, ie lost consciousness or not but he was quickly back on his feet, and as I recall he had to be restrained by two or more Charlton players, but it was late in the game and there were only a few minutes left.

I think I'm right that Steve Wicks was never even booked...

The other great story from that match was Steve Wicks taunting Garth Crooks throughout the game for being gay. When play came to a halt during the game, Crooks pointed at something, when Wicks turned round Crooks planted a kiss on his cheek.
  • Options
    Apparently after the incident Carlo was going round saying 'if i ever see him in Lewisham...' !!
  • Options
    The Chelsea in our end wished they hadn't bothered...
  • Options
    He definitely carried on playing because he chased Wicks all round the ground for the rest of the game.

From what I remember watching through all the kicking off
  • Options
    He carried on playing!pure magic that day!Sending chelsea to get turned over by middlesboro!
  • Options
    That was a fair old turnout from charlton that day at least 6,000 if I remember rightly. Also when that fight broke out in our end I remember some Charlton bird right giving it to some chelsea turd.
  • Options
    Yer she use to go out with one of the guys!was a punk in her day!i remember her down at pompey in the early 80s in a pub and she was knocking back the pints!She had at least 10 pints b4 the game!amazing thing!she was still sober!I would hate to get on her wrong side!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]She had at least 10 pints b4 the game!amazing thing!she was still sober!I would hate to get on her wrong side!

what is so amazing about that then? :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]She had at least 10 pints b4 the game!amazing thing!she was still sober!I would hate to get on her wrong side!

Well that's a normal night for you!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]

Well that's a normal night for you!

A normal lunchtime you mean
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]Yer she use to go out with one of the guys!was a punk in her day!i remember her down at pompey in the early 80s in a pub and she was knocking back the pints!She had at least 10 pints b4 the game!amazing thing!she was still sober!I would hate to get on her wrong side![/quote]

I think I know who you mean, she was the GF of a known face at Charlton. I managed to take a chunk of her hair as we was getting on a train afer a Brighton away game. I shat myself...lol
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I remember the young lady getting arrested up North somewhere and it took 5 old bill.
  • Options
    there was a scary girl with long hair giving it at the 'friendly' at palace a few years back. is that the same one?

don't see her around these days, but she was v scary (and a bit hairy)!!!
  • Options
    She has not gone for years now!I saw her in my gym a few years back and was chatting to her about the old days!Very strong bird!She was benching a lot of weight!i went and hid in the cardio room until she went!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]there was a scary girl with long hair giving it at the 'friendly' at palace a few years back. is that the same one?

don't see her around these days, but she was v scary (and a bit hairy)!!![/quote]

Not the same, different eras....the one at Palace was scary, glad she was on our side.
  • Options
    I was there - but can't remember the bird.

That penalty that put Chelsea 1-0 up was never a penalty - their geezer was flattened well outside the box!

But when we equalised, the Chelsea who'd been giving it large were totally silenced, holding their heads in their hands. You could almost breathe their despair.

And I went to and from the match with my Chelsea supporting brother-in-law.
    I don't think he said a word all the way home. Classic!

• Options
    The girl in question was up at Norwich a couple of seasons ago. I think she lives up there with S.