Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Glasgow to Charlton - Help needed

edited September 2008 in Match Day Travel
Weggie or anyone else.

I've had an email from someone in Glasgow wanting to travel down to games. Any suggestions on car shares/coaches etc

ben@charltonfansdirector.co.uk

Comments

• I think there's a train every 30mins to London Euston, if not it'll be every hour. It's not the nicest of drives!
  • DA9DA9
    edited September 2008
    Cheapest, National Express, but tiresome, or book early with Ryanair, surprisingly cheap, I'm going the other way in November Stansted - Prestwick, £18.74 return (just taxes at the moment)
  • Do they want cheap or comfortable?

you can get the coach down with Megabus for a fiver but it takes 10 hours. I've never done it but i've been told they are really pikey with Africans eating saltfish and stinking the bus out etc.

Best route is either Virgin trains to Euston - dont get the National Express one via Edinburgh - it takes ages or Easyjet to Gatwick then train to London Bridge.
  • West Coast main Line at weekends for the rest of this year is hopeless due to engineering works.
  • [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]you can get the coach down with Megabus for a fiver but it takes 10 hours. I've never done it but i've been told they are really pikey with Africans eating saltfish and stinking the bus out etc.

Have used megabus once or twice four years ago - used clapped out buses more suited to short local trips NOT long distance intercity journeys on the M1. I also had to change vehicles at some random services. Put me off using the service completely.
  • You got me all worked up then H.

I mean 'Glasgow to Charlton' on transfer deadline day sounded promising.
  • Partick Thistle are based in Glasgow...
  • It's almost impossible to do a weekend trip by train because of the engineering works - always been bad on Sundays. We save up and fly - not bad if you book far enough in advance as others have said. Even worth checking BMI in and out of Heathrow - can be as cheap as Easyjet.

PS Henry - it's Weegie by the way, as in Glaswegian. Not Weggie!

;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]It's almost impossible to do a weekend trip by train because of the engineering works - always been bad on Sundays. We save up and fly - not bad if you book far enough in advance as others have said. Even worth checking BMI in and out of Heathrow - can be as cheap as Easyjet.

PS Henry - it's Weegie by the way, as in Glaswegian. Not Weggie!

;-)

Cheers, sorry my spelling not that good.