Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beckford to Charlton

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
There are rumours that we are after him for £500k. I don't get this as he is allegedly their star player with 2 goals yesterday, 7 this season, 20 last year and 9 in 17 on loan for Scunny the season before.Why would they let him go for £500K?

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/296519182?

Comments

• Options
    Can't imagine any truth in a rumour of Pardew signing a striker!

I think it's ballcocks mate
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I can't imagine it's true, either. But the picture of the Leeds fan really disturbed me.

Dodgy Leeds fan
  • Options
    Carter were you being sarcastic?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Carter were you being sarcastic?
    I don't understand why he would be?
  • Options
    well Pards is always buying Strikers essentially...
  • Options
    There is absolutely no way Leeds would sell him for 500k. They reportedly turned down 2m for him from Derby in pre-season.
  • Options
    Perhaps the deal is £500k + Jon Fortune ....?

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I can't imagine it's true, either. But the picture of the Leeds fan really disturbed me.

Dodgy Leeds fan

From experience, he looks like one of their stewards ..............
  • Options
    Great signing he would be but do we need another striker
  • Options
    for our board to sanction this would have to be based on appearances, promotion and all sorts so i doubt it very much, given we need a defender and a wide player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This has to be bollocks. He is one of the hottest properties in the lower divisions and is currently on fire. If he goes, they will be wanting nearer the £5M mark.

As much as I would love this to be true....