Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

F A CUP UPDATE

Whitstable,Vcd & Erith & Belvedere all through.£750 to the winning teams.

Comments

• Hythe Town through
  • I watched Concorde Rangers (Canvey Island) beat London Kingsbury 2 - 0. I was told they earned £1050 for getting through this round, but I stand corrected if it is £750!
  • thats what is on fa website
  • just checked £750 was last round this round is £1500 which is great news for our local clubs that amount of money is vital to them,by the way Thamesmead Town won as well.
  • Al, Do Concord still have those mental programmes that include recipes, knitting patterns and reports of UFOs? Anything but football, in fact.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]just checked £750 was last round this round is £1500 which is great news for our local clubs that amount of money is vital to them,by the way Thamesmead Town won as well.

Nice - my cousin plays for Thamesmead so good on them
  • it is good vancouver though isn't it.I take far more interest in the F.A. Cup at this stage than I do at the stages when league teams get involved.The money these clubs make from winning 1 game is vital to their up keep.I would like to say why don't we make a effort to support a local team in the F.A. cup if Charlton are away at a game we are unlikely to attend.Unfortunately for me the next month and a half makes it difficult from a work point of view and with every round 2 weeks apart means most of our lower ranked teams will be out.But to me these early rounds are great as I know how much it means to the clubs in question.
  • you never know steve mate - in regards to TTFC they're in their first season in Div 1 Ryman and I know they're trying to attract people down there so give it a go if you have the time. When I'm back I'll try and get down there i think
  • sorry to be the bearer of bad news they are still in kent league Whitstable went up.
  • edited August 2008
    That was last year steve - trust me they are in he ryman now - look at their website:

Thamesmead town
  • Sponsored links:

• got me there mate for some strange reason I thought they would be in the South Division I didn't look in the north.Feckin that's as sensible as Dartford having to play in the north.I stand corrected.
  • Cray won 4-1
  • cheers shirty I was just looking on FA site and couldn't see it.Much needed funds
  • [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Al, Do Concord still have those mental programmes that include recipes, knitting patterns and reports of UFOs? Anything but football, in fact.

Sorry Stig, never buy a programme. Nice little ground though, with a decent clubhouse. My mate who goes there regularly is a Wigan supporter (lived there for some time). He was well happy when their result came up after the game (5 - 0), as usual I trudged away disspointed (especially after the way we played against Reading!). Nice to see a few non league games occassionally though.
  • Anyone know what site is carrying the FACup draw ,and when it is ?
    Thanks.
  • Check the Fa website. Next round already on there and in 2 weeks time.
  • [cite]Posted By: vancouveraddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]just checked £750 was last round this round is £1500 which is great news for our local clubs that amount of money is vital to them,by the way Thamesmead Town won as well.

Guy at work plays for them as well...
  • [cite]Posted By: SuperGers[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: vancouveraddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]just checked £750 was last round this round is £1500 which is great news for our local clubs that amount of money is vital to them,by the way Thamesmead Town won as well.

Guy at work plays for them as well...

Mate used to play for them.
    Remember following their run to the quarters/semis of the FA Vase 1996 before losing to Canvey.
    Game had to be moved to Slade Green as Canvey were bringing a lot of fans.
    Dermot Gallagher was ref - dodgy penalty and offside goal for Canvey in 2-1 win.
    Kicked off a bit afterwards as well.