Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who plays golf then .....and where....

I do but very badly....Cray Valley...

Comments

• i do, but not much better. Normally shoot early to mid 90s.

Play wherever, like to vary courses. Only play 1-3 times a year.
  • I do. Front room, Playstation 2. Tiger Woods PGA Tour.
  • Couldn't think of a worse game to play. It's boring to watch muct be even worse to play.
  • Never swung a club in my life, would like to when I stop playing vets footie.
  • Arfur- Its a frustrating game, never boring.....we had a dog on the course last Sunday with a dead rabbit in its mouth....lol
  • I do. Played since I was a nipper.

Been a member at Eltham Warren, Shooters Hill and now Royal Blackheath.

Arf youre missing out on the most social sport there is. 4 hours of walking around nice country side chatting and have a laugh with friends and occasionally hitting a ball.....
  • Badly also - a good day would be to break 100

One of those games where you think 'f*uck it i'm giving up' then you make the sweetest strike the ball flys and lands on the green and you think... maybe it isn't so bad after all.
  • Great game but don't get the time to play as much as I would like. Couple times a year but havent played for a couple.

Play Barnehust, Cray Valley. Ruxley and Austin Lodge.

Normally in the 90s.
  • used to play as a kid but got too frustrated and smashed up my clubs. used to play beckenham.
  • Golf is the best way to ruin a good walk
  • Sponsored links:

• love it, don't play as much as I'd like to (probably once a month if lucky) as still playing football on a sundays......mainly play these days on 'corporate' events through work !.

Tend to play off anything from an 18-14 handicap !!.....and have the ability to shoot 85/86 on a decent day and 105/106 on a bad day, very frustrating game !!!!

Usually play at Chelsfield Lakes, but also Birchwood, Darenth Valley, Cray/Ruxley.....anywhere locally really !
  • mostly birchwood this year.
  • Birchwood, i used to play ybirchwood every wednesday after work for about a year! I am the worst golfer ever! Cant even get the ball off of the floor unless i strike a sweet happy gilmore effort!
  • I play over in Essex quite abit
    Also Lullingstone, Cray Valley, Darenth

currently playing off 16
  • once in a blue moon and only on a jolly...tended to play wentworth, the belfry, the london club, that type of place...can always hit off the first tee as sweet as a nut if the marshall is watching (always amazed me that the blokes who could really play would fluff it when they were being watched on the 1st tee) but downhill after that when we moved on...never had to produce a handicap card, which is just as well...
  • [cite]Posted By: 04 MCS[/cite] I am the worst golfer ever! Cant even get the ball off of the floor unless i strike a sweet happy gilmore effort!

without ever seeing you play 04, i can confidently announce that you are better than cheeseroll.

me. played most courses previously mentioned. in the last couple of years have been between 13-18 handicapper, currently 16 but won last event so will be 13-14 next society day.
    played my best and worst ever golf this year, shot 19 pts twice at ruxley during april so didn't pick a club up for about 4-5 months. went back to ruxley in september and couldn't do a thing wrong. i was on 1 under on the 15th tee. ended up shooting a 73.
  • [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]i can confidently announce that you are better than cheeseroll

i'll second that!
  • 10 years ago I used to play every week, but the number of occasions I have played since is probably once a year and not in the last 2. Under 100 now would be a great score.

Back in the day I could get round in the 80's on occasion. Used to play Barnehurst, Lullingstone (scene of my best ever score), Ruxley and occasionally down to Rochester there is a nice public course towards Upnor if I remember rightly.
  • Broke 100 once- haven't played for at least 5 years. Mainly North London/ Hertfordshire

But as CharltonDan says- a great ( probably the best!) social sport,

but soooooo frustrating!
  • [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]10 years ago I used to play every week, but the number of occasions I have played since is probably once a year and not in the last 2. Under 100 now would be a great score.

I'm the same Pickwick, and strangely enough i much prefer playing now infrequently than when i used to play every week. Got too serious then and just wanted to improve all the time. Net result is your game goes to pot and you stop enjoying it. Now i simply play to enjoy, and if i play well its a bonus.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yep...haven't played for nearly 4 weeks and cant wait to get back out there, although this is not my favourite weather - sun too low in the sky and can never find my ball. Hit between 90 - 100 but always threatening to break the course record and become a Golf Pro ;o)

Birchwood, Cray Valley/Ruxley, Lullingstone - generally around the Kent area. But sometimes take a couple of sticks for a walk at Thamesmead golf course and see how many balls I can lose!
  • edited November 2006
    Exactly the same!

Used to play twice a week, practice once a week, had county trials in the winter, inter-county games and various tournaments through the summer.... All got a bit serious and became a chore.

Much better now. Play 6/8 times a year and normally shoot low 70s cos I'm enjoying it and not too worried if I hit a crap shot
  • Dan, i think we were probably youth members at Shooters Hill about the same time. Probably played a round together. I'll mail you a few names.

Remember to this day pulling out of Leicester away at Filbert St, to play in some comp, and we went and won 2-0 !!!
  • More than likely mate, although I left SHGC at 16 to join RBGC, but will defo know a few "shared" names
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]Exactly the same!

Used to play twice a week, practice once a week, had county trials in the winter, inter-county games and various tournaments through the summer.... All got a bit serious and became a chore.

Much better now. Play 6/8 times a year and normally shoot low 70s cos I'm enjoying it and not too worried if I hit a crap shot[/quote]

Is there anything you can't do?......:-)
  • My crocheting is very sub-standard
  • I'm surprised Dan.....its easy to crochet...easy..easy... All you need is a big wooden hammer, some big staples, few cricket balls and a grassy area. Stick staples in ground - whack balls with hammer (cue...tears) under the staples...and bobs yer uncle....your've won! A lot easier than golf!
  • [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]I'm surprised Dan.....its easy to crochet...easy..easy... All you need is a big wooden hammer, some big staples, few cricket balls and a grassy area. Stick staples in ground - whack balls with hammer (cue...tears) under the staples...and bobs yer uncle....your've won! A lot easier than golf!

Thats croquet mate!
  • I always get the two mixed up but thanks anyway as that could have been very embarrassing! ;o)
  • Hyah hyah hyah...