Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Radio

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
For those of us who can't be arsed to travel up to Preston for today's match - does anybody know whether there is live coverage of the match on BBC Radio London DAB or ordinary or the station for the privilaged that can actually get a reception to hear BBC Radio Kent?

If its not on then I am likely to hit the beer early and watch live premiershit in the pub at 3pm.

Up the Addicks

Comments

• Options
    From memory, I think ALL matches are covered by Radio Kent MW - it's just no-one can hear them!
  • Options
    Haven't found it on 5 extra and or the DAB option for Radio london so presume it's Radio Kent only.

Guess it's time to visit my parents in Kent then........
  • Options
    I'm in North West London so there's absolutely no chance of picking up Radio Kent's signal so its gonna be the pub option for me....!
  • Options
    You'd be suprised Solid-

Believe it or not- I used to pick up Millenium on my car radio in Stanmore........

Used to have to move it ( the car) a bit to fine tune it though....

neighbours must of though i was mad...
  • Options
    can believe that stanmore , once heard RTM in a cafe in enfield

we also managed to pick up capitol gold on the coach on the way back from the anglo italian game against brescia whilst travelling through france
  • Options
    Used to work on a community station in Croydon which could be picked up in Luton. A lot of it's to do with the lie of the land - the London TV regions stretch right up to Luton because there aren't the hills to block the signal north of London.
  • Options
    Incidentally, BBC London's website says it's on Radio Kent only - groan...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]Haven't found it on 5 extra and or the DAB option for Radio london so presume it's Radio Kent only.

Guess it's time to visit my parents in Kent then........

Just in case you are actual thinking of doing that, a quick warning... for the watford game I thought I was being clever by timing a visit to my Mum's in Kent only to find that BBC Kent weren't playing the Charlton game after all.

Not a happy chappy.
  • Options
    I live in Kent so no chance of me hearing the commentary then :-(
  • Options
    BBC website are reporting that the game will only be featured on Score and final score. I'm not sure if it will be on radio Kent, just have to wait and see.

Preston North end, what's the local radio station around there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Actually, forget that question, just had a look on wikipedia and found a list of all the local radio stations for Preston, none are featuring any commentary on the game.
  • Options
    And I suppose the Preston OS is premium view .....?
  • Options
    So which games are on Radio London FM and DAB ?
  • Options
    West 'am are on FM, no DAB game is mentioned.
  • Options
    thanks.
    pub it is then.
  • Options
    In fact, West Ham are on both FM and DAB. Which is a little irritating. HENRY! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]In fact, West Ham are on both FM and DAB. Which is a little irritating. HENRY! ;-)

Henry's retired now.
  • Options
    sure has,
    its gone 4pm, his bedtime.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]sure has,its gone 4pm, his bedtime.

Cocoa, Slippers, pipe and cardigan sitting in front of thefire
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I complained to the BBC about this and (eventually) had a reply - didn't know about it costing them more to cover away games, but it doesn't explain why Radio Kent broadcast the game, though...

BBC London 94.9 has a contract which allows them to cover all West Ham
    games, so it actually makes the best use of their resources to cover them
    wherever possible.

Charlton and QPR, who were both playing away from home that day in the
    Championship, would have incurred significant additional costs for the
    station as they would have then had to pay the opposing club a fee (which
    is not the case in the Premiership coverage rights)

BBC London regards itself as the first choice for London football fans as
    they give more coverage than any other radio service. Plus their output is
    specifically for London therefore hopefully more relevant and personal than
    the national coverage from, say, BBC Radio 5 Live.

Naturally, wherever possible BBC London endeavours to avoid duplication
    with colleagues in other parts of the BBC and although rare, this not
    always possible.