Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gambling help required

On betfair there is a handicap book which puts Charlton at 26/1 to win the league with a 9pts handicap.

My stupid question is: Is this purely Charlton at plus nine against all the others at 0? Or is the final league table worked out against all the other teams handicaps in the list?

Seems too generous to be the former as CAFC are 28/1 to win it outright......................

I hope that this question makes some sort of sense???

Comments

• Options
    At the end of the season they do a revised league table in which they add the handicap points for each team and then there is a final standing. For example if Charlton have a 9 point advantage and say Palace have a 15 point advantage we finish on 75 points and they finish on 62 points, in their table we'd have 84 and they'd have 77.
  • Options
    Oh and i thought you actually meant you needed help with your gambling problem! CharltonLife the new gamblers anonymous!
  • Options
    if you click on the 'rules' beside the bet it says 'who will win this league with the stated points handicap applied'

so preston with 23 points handicap are favourites at mo
  • Options
    cheers.

and there's me thinking that I had stumbled upon a corker. Back to the drawing board.

lol @ RedArmySE7 - well we have had some marriage and relationship guidance ..........................
  • Options
    1905 one of ours who puts big big wdge on footie had CAFC at 18/1 + 16 points. When you look at the each way bet thats sounds like a good go.

4.5 / 1 + 16 points so you get wayed out if we finish 16 points behind 3rd.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]1905 one of ours who puts big big wdge on footie had CAFC at 18/1 + 16 points. When you look at the each way bet thats sounds like a good go.

4.5 / 1 + 16 points so you get wayed out if we finish 16 points behind 3rd.

That sounds like a superb bet.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]1905 one of ours who puts big big wdge on footie had CAFC at 18/1 + 16 points. When you look at the each way bet thats sounds like a good go.

4.5 / 1 + 16 points so you get wayed out if we finish 16 points behind 3rd.[/quote]

I would be astounded if that is how it works as it is usually +16 against scratch not the team that finishes 3rd. Usually, the top 4 are paid out BUT it hypothetically works something like this:

Swansea +30 start 67 for season = 97
    Preston +25 start 70 for season = 95
    Wolves + 5 start 88 for season = 93
    Charlton +16 start 75 for season = 91
    Birmingham +0 start 89 for season = 90

In this example you would get paid out at 4.5/1 but if we got say only 73 points you wouldn't.