Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bouazza

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
Looked like a quality player that can finally get the ball in the box. Granted on a few occasions it when straight to the keeper, however every time he had the ball he was fast direct and tried getting the ball in. Just what we need…..Thomas who?

Not forgetting the peach of a goal he scored!

I also thought Nicky Bailey looked absolute quality, just think he is young and will improve as the season goes on.

Comments

• Options
    as I have said previously, can you imagine where the ball would had ended up if Thomas had the same goal scoring opportunity that Buzz scored with!
  • Options
    First couple of outings I was wondering why we had bothered, but if he can perform like he did on Saturday consistently, then we have a peach of a player. I too thought Bailey had a blinding Valley debut....just what we have been hankering after since Parker left.
  • Options
    echo all of that.

thought Bouazza had a poor game against Yeovil, but showed on Saturday what a real left footed winger can do.

As for Bailey - great to see someone committed & ready to die for the cause. We actually looked like a football team for once.

can't wait for preston - but last time I was there I got a speeding ticket & just hope that the boys get 3 points this time and not me.

Finally - did you see Thomas last night for Pompey. 5 mins on the pitch & he's taking pot-shots from 30 yards.........cheeky bugger. Never had a shot in anger last season for us - just shows what a change of scenery can do.
  • Options
    I thought Bailey was immense I would like to know how many tackles he made on Saturday? I lost count, the guy down from me just kept saying Bailey again, bailey again. I would say 90% of the play through the middle he was involved with.

All this fuss with ZZ going, I actually think he would find it hard to get in that midfield.
  • Options
    but both times he has come on 4 Pompey he has played on the left as he did under Curbs and Parbs. Cant ee why this is and never have if he beats the full back he to the line he cant get the ball over on his left foot therefore he has to cut in on his right. They sus him in seconds.
  • Options
    his shot was good but the cross after that was sh*t.
  • Options
    golfie what has happend to you bud coming round to our way of seeing rose tinted that is NSS will be next:-)
  • Options
    I though Nicky Bailey was more than decent against Watford, excellent against Reading. Bouazza might be lass skilled on the ball than Thomas but I feel he is more of an appropriate player on the left. ZZ should never be allowed near the Valley ever again in my opinion.
  • Options
    Bouazza played well on Saturday and unlike Thomas looked a goal threat as well as getting balls in to the box. Was not impressed with him against Yeovil but struggled to find anyone who stood out that night.
  • Options
    bouazza had a stormer saturday, let's hope he can keep up some of that form and he'll be a real asset but i think consistency is a massive issue here cos fulham would never have let him go if he could regularly repeat that sort of performance and of the few games i've seen him play before he has never put in a shift as good as that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought he was awful against yeovil but he was my man of the match (by a short head from Bailey) on Saturday.

Like the little girl who had a little curl when he is good he is very, very good but when he is bad he is horrid.