Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Man United tonight Their Football

Bloody superb. I know it is still 0-o0 AT 60 MINUTES but Celtic barely touched the ball in the 1st half.

United's football was frightening at times.

As for the ref. How he hasn't sent that Balde off for the Scholes tackle I'll never know.

Comments

• edited November 2006
    i think scholes is very lucky.
    if his foot was firmly on the ground, it could have been the end of his career.

superb football though.
  • If you dont score when on top - u get punished

How Celtic are winning that game is beyond me
  • typical.
    soon as i posted this i knew there was only 1 result.
  • i don't think oracle will appreciate this thread.
    we definately gave celtic the win arf.
  • Bollax. Missed the end to watch the most terrible, in the sense of scary and depressing, programme on alcoholics in Gillingham on BBC2 and I miss the Bhoys win. Does that take Celtic thru?
  • yep, celtic through, utd have to get point against benfica (who put them out last year) to go through.
    saha had pen saved in 89th min.
  • sounds very charlton like, peeps
  • in the last few weeks i have seen Chelsea absolutely destroy Spurs in the first half hour, and Man U do the same to Celtic tonight. And both of them lost.

Ever you need a reminder that anything can happen in 90 mins, that is it.
  • 1. Balde does that kind of thing every week.....he's a disgrace.

2. Why did Saha take the pen?....I said to the missus that he'd miss.

3. Celtic....why would any Englishman support that IRA-loving rabble?......and they tried to cover up a child abuse scandal.
  • Saha is gash. I am glad united lost! Arrogant mugs.

Sellick on the other hand, are gash too, that Balde geezer, how did he not walk after that lunge on the little ginger turd scholes! How didnt that lunge damage ginge!
  • Sponsored links:

• Enjoyed the game, thought UTD embarrrased Celtic at times. Just goes to show what you can do with limited players even against a team as good as Manure. Hope Les Reed was watching.
  • A repeat of '67 when the Bhoys won the European Cup and Teddy Bears reached another European final is still on.
  • Pervert preyed on Celtic Boys
    Daily Record 12/08/1996
    Anna Smith Charles Beaton and Iain Ferguson
    Pervert football boss Jim Torbett terrorised a generation of young Celtic players.
    The trusted team chief lured innocent lads with promises of the big time.
    Then the Celtic Boys' Club supremo molested the babes who idolised him.
    Depraved Torbett, 50, is still a major figure in the Parkhead talent nursery.
    Today three of his victims - including Scotland cap Alan Brazil - break their silence.
    Brazil, 37, said: "Torbett should be locked up.
    "He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near boys' teams."
    Sex abuse allegations have haunted Celtic Boys' Club for almost a quarter of a century.
    A Record investigation has revealed Celtic's board knew about the rumours 20 years ago.
    Only Jock Stein was big enough to show Torbett the door.
    And after the legend died, the pervert wormed his way back into the good books.
    Today, Torbett is a respected senior official of the boys' club.
    His Trophy Centre shops sponsor the league Celtic boys play in, and provide Celtic FC with most of their medals and awards.
    He also helped raise cash for the Celtic Charity Fund.
    And he has a regular seat in the Parkhead directors' box as guest of his pal, past chairman Kevin Kelly.
    Bachelor Torbett lured Celtic kids to his council flat with ice-cream and fancy meals.
    He also took them on glamorous foreign tours.
    Then he used them as sex toys, in return for a promise of glory.
    John McCluskey, brother of Parkhead star George, was one of Torbett's victims.
    He said: "All I ever dreamed of was to play for Celtic. But Torbett turned that dream into a memory that will haunt me until I die.
    "My shame is not for what happened, but for keeping it quiet so long."
    Last night, Parkhead supremo Fergus McCann promised to personally investigate the scandal.
    He has already spoken to some of the victims. He even called in police, who found nothing.
    In a statement, McCann said: "These are very serious allegations, and those concerned should report all information to police.
    "I would like to make it clear that this matter has no current link to Celtic Football Club.
    "I have nothing to say on the past board's handling of the matter."
    Celtic Boys' Club chairman Tony McGuiness said he would call for an immediate special general meeting to probe the claims.
    He said: "I asked Jim about the allegations, and he assured me he would never do anything to harm the club.
    "He is still connected with the club, although he is not a regular attender at meetings.
    "I have heard rumours and counter-rumours over the years against several people, and I recently helped police with certain inquiries."
    At his home in Glasgow's west end, Torbett said: "I have nothing to say on the matter."
  • edited November 2006
    i like that nakamakakakakaka. liked watching him at the world cup.
  • Great free kick.... top drawer.

"Tik a boo son"
  • a magical finish to the night.
  • You would say that Declan...
  • it was a great free kick but wasnt really a free kick in the first place was it?

my man utd supporting father was most upset. (or confused).
  • but man u shouldn't have had a free kick that led to a pen that was saved.

celtic didn't deserve to win on the whole performance, but the 2nd half they did improve (i like that malony too from when i went to celtic v hearts last year)

and yeah, they were lucky, but how many times have man u done that to people? tough luck innit. remember when we lost 1-0 to man u at home when the ball dribbled over the line in the 91st minute? i was so gutted.

the atmosphere sounded amazing last night. even the commontators were shocked at it.
  • Sponsored links:

• As soon as I saw Ferguson pointing at his watch etc, I was willing Celtic to hang on for the win. I hate Manure for all the timewasting, added time at Old Trafford etc when it suits them... don't like it reversed do they....
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite] remember when we lost 1-0 to man u at home when the ball dribbled over the line in the 91st minute? i was so gutted.

dwight yorke.

and then we walked out the ground to be given Yorkie bars.....
  • *the atmosphere sounded amazing last night. even the commontators were shocked at it.*...the hissing and booing was , I admit, very loud...
  • i meant the singing and the roaring when they were on the attack (although their attack was limited!)
  • I usually pride myself on setting aside club differences and always supporting the English team in European matches.

I must confess though to being delighted when Celtic went ahead and spent the remaining time willing them to hold on.
  • As my old dad always says "the purpose of the game is to put the ball in the net. If you don't do that you've failed". The team that scores wins. Man Utd didn't but Celtic did so they were the better team on the night.
  • I despair with some of you...
  • shame.

If you're despaired upon because you can watch and discuss a football game without being prejudiced by bigoted crap, then i'm happy to be despaired upon.
  • i hate man utd,but wanted them to stuff celtic last night.always want the english sides to win no matter who they are playing.saying that though,i would have loved to be in the celtic end when the penalty was saved.it was great celebrations.
  • wasn't that a weird moment too when saha i can only presume he thought it was offside too as he tried to cleverley chip the keeper, despite (i think it was) rooney to his right available. celtic were almost punished there. talk about playing the whistle not!

also, in the paper this morning it said that neville had mentioned that saha had lost his head?
    why would he say that during the game to a member of the opposition? I know it was the last minute, and i know that it was in the sun, but what a nothing story!