Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Could this work at Charlton station?

What an incredible invention from Taiwan!

http://www.snotr.com/video/1401

Comments

• The speed our trains go you can jump on and off without the fancy car
  • That doesn't look particularly safe!
  • Safe or not, it looks like FUN !!!!
  • im sure the top car would last 10 seconds before it hits a bridge.

Hopefully they wil try it out at the Palace game ;-)
  • i wanna know how u can find a video like that
  • i have watched it twice now, but cant understand how the flippin eck it works and whats the point!!
  • u get on train picks u up then go downstairs and people for next stop go upstairs means u dont have to stop then swaps upper bit
  • Not very plausible at the moment as most stations have bridges and what happens to the car thing on top when the train goes into a tunnel?
  • It's a nice concept. Completely unworkable in practice, but clever all the same!
  • you can imagine it going very badly wrong though can't u...
  • Sponsored links:

• I look at this and the only word which comes to mind is "decapitation" !!
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]you can imagine it going very badly wrong though can't u...

in this country yes, in taiwan or whereever no! still dont fully get it tho, just whats the point! save on brake pads, surely they are cheaper in taiwan!??!
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]you can imagine it going very badly wrong though can't u...

in this country yes, in taiwan or whereever no! still dont fully get it tho, just whats the point! save on brake pads, surely they are cheaper in taiwan!??!

The point primarily is to save fuel and help the environment. No braking means more efficiency.
  • engineering nightmare in our country - what is smack bang just past the platforms at charlton station - A BRIDGE.

As with a lot of other train stations - the loistics of it would be a nightmare surely.

Back to the drawing board JM