Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Question For Ketman

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
If you are unable or unwilling to answer I fully understand.

However......... you have posted that you feel that that the sacking of Dowie is wrong. Is that opinion given as an ordinary fan or based on things you may have heard?

As I said above this is probably an unfair question and I fully understand if you don't want to answer it!

Comments

• i suspect its from a personal view, rather than any other knowledge. On this issue, i don't think he would know the true reason.
  • Len, listen fella the first thing I did after hearing Dowie's sacking was ring my Dad. He quite rightly refused to tell me the reason why. I instead chewed his ear off for the next 30 minutes telling him how 'dis-appointed' I was with this decision & how my support for the Board was wavering a little over this decision which IMHO is a p*ss poor one. His only response was 'You don't know the full story'. Cryptic yes I know but all of the people who are allegedly in the know & start off these chinese whispers know diddly squat. Unless their contact is of course a player, a member of the coaching staff, or one of the senior members of the board (No not you Henry) they are the ONLY people who really know what went on. I really do hope that the real truth will out, I suspect we will never really know.

One chinese whisper I heard at Reading (Not from my Dad) was that before the Wigan game Dowie told the players to meet up at 11.00am for a pre match walk something quite common at away games apparently. Well the players turned up, but Dowie did not. they hung around for a while no Dowie, so they went on their walk anyway. When they returned Dowie was in a rage & said to the players that the meet was 11.30am not 11.00am, well ALL the players could not be wrong could they? Anyway that was the last they saw of Dowie until 15 minutes before KO v Wigan, well do you believe that ?
  • According to Murray/Varney, the decision taken to dismiss Dowie was made well before the Wigan game, so whatever shenanigans went on that morning shouldn't have had any effect.

However, it does seem to suggest misunderstandings or even a breakdown in communication between Dowie and the players.

But, as you point out Ketman, it's only heresay.........