Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clive Tyldesley

I dont know if its just me, but Clive Tyldesley makes by blood boil, he's by far one of the worst commentators ive ever heard. His commentary is puntuated by pauses and as he commentates it seems as if hes putting exclamation marks after everything he says, i wish i could have the commentary off and just the crowd noise as they do on sky.

Comments

• Options
    My main gripe with Tyldesley is its almost like he's trying to create one of those legendary commentator moments with everything he says. It sounds too contrived and as though he's written down a list of things he could say if a certain scenario happens the night before.

One of the things this years Olympics has made me realise is that there are a lot of great commentators doing other sports eg, the athletics, swimming and cycling, whereas aside from Martin Tyler, its difficult to name football commentators that don't make you want to strangle yourself.
  • Options
    I wish Barry Davies would come back to football
  • Options
    I wish Kenneth Wolstenholme was still commentating ......

;o)
  • Options
    Actually i think Tyldesley has used those immortal words of KW, or was it Tyldesley adversary David Pleat uttering those words after the fumble with the prossies in the back of his roller
  • Options
    Thommo: Couldn't agree more mate, he is sadly missed.
  • Options
    I even get irritated by him in Fifa 08, although to be fair at least he doesn't mention Man U winning the European Cup in Barcelona, on that.
  • Options
    Bring Murray Walker out of retirement and stick him on the football