Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England

Is the game on tv? I cant see it anywhere.

Comments

• On Setanta
    Good site for lists of live football:
    http://www.livesportontv.com/sportindex.php?id=1
  • Bleeding Sultana mate
  • our bloody FA are taking the piss - they should stick with one f****** tv company.

don't reduce prices for friendlies at the stadium for kids so would rather have 3/4 empty stadium. charge a tenner for kids and it will be full.
  • Cheers gents , the gits aint getting no more dough.
  • I make you right Ledge, get Peter Varney on the FA, he`d shape them up!!
  • ha ha i have it FREE

As im a virgin............................ Customer that is
  • 'highlights' are on itv later
  • Sky have just said Barwick to leave FA. Oh and England are losing 1-0
  • Anyone go to the game or watch it last night?

What were we like?

Dire as ever?
  • I went WSS. Don't know what it looked like on tv but it was absolutely awful in the stadium.

It was more a comedy show than a game of football, Joe Cole's scrambled effort at the end summing it up for me.

James haring out at his calamitous best and some truly woeful defending. Happy days
  • Sponsored links:

• Highlights on ITV didnt make u look as bad as they are all saying but that might be good editing, in the rankings were behind the czech republic so a draw isnt a bad result right? Does pee me off that we couldnt have given the kids with an England future a chance instead of playing the same old players. I heard a stat the other day that Ashley Young had more assists last season than Cesc Fabregas and hes a world class player and why wasnt Gabriel Agbonglahor playing, surely hes better than Emile!
  • Could not agree more, got to blood some of the youngsters in and inject some much needed pace to a very pedestrian side!
  • Pretty bad on the TV as well...Still no idea why Lampard is in the team, can't remember what he did exactly...Gerrard probably the best player for me out on the left but would be much better through the middle with Barry.

Started quite brightly but after 5mins was back to the norm. Picked up towards the end of the first half with some decent football. Second half mostly dire though. Not much as changed under Capello yet.

Needs to get a settled midfield...Becks, Gerrard, Barry, J.Cole is our best IMO. Also need to get Micah Richards back in the team, brilliant fullback, played for the u21s I believe, so could be back in soon. Defoe & Heskey are a waste of time at international level. Play Rooney with someone like Gabi or Bent, so he can drop off and do what he does best with a striker who'll stay on the last man!
  • Would love to know why James was played in a pointless friendly, surely Carson needs to get his confidence back at Wembley? Perhaps Robinson (although I heard he had a mare on Saturday) or Kirkland if fit, maybe even Foster.

Highlight of the game was flicking elastic bands at Beckham and throwing the ball back to Stuart Downing, very dull and they were the better team.
  • I have to admit that I no longer have ANY interest in the England football team. Just a bunch of overpaid, egotistic numpties.

I have also lost interest in the Premiership & I have no idea what the scores were on Saturday. Is this just me, or are others just as disinterested in the top tier of the English game?
  • Not just you pete, I 'm with you on that one.
  • As they said on the highlights analysis, I'm shocked to see Capello is accomodating players. Lampard in the middle and Gerrard on the left? This guy was supposed to be a breath of fresh air. Now he's making the exact same mistake every England manager has done.

And Emile Heskey... Oh dear God.
  • The same players that didn't perform for Sven and McLaren aren't doing it for Capello, what a surprise! Probably the only two in the eleven that have decent speed were Ashley Cole and Defoe - why doesn't the penny drop? Pards should take note as well, we have an average squad, so pick some pace - Moo2, Dicko, Fleetwood and Varney I'd play them all even if we did get caned by big long ball sides.
  • didnt bother with it no change from mclaren overpaid players who show no passion ony interested in their pay packets
  • Looked like a poor championship team against a decent Prem team. Pathetic really.

A stark contrast to the pride our Olympic team has inspired.
  • Sponsored links:

• new manager same crap.

Lampard totally anonymous.

that useless shrek like thing Rooney totally ineffective AGAIN.

Beckham gone , Gerrard ou of bloody position AGAIN.

Terry mugged for the 1st goal got a turning circle of a juggernaut.

Defoe looked sharp

agbonlahor and young at villa how on earth they were not in the squad amazes me.

Capello got his work cut out
  • Yes, how can Walcott and Heskey be picked ahead of Young and Agbonlahor? Crazy.
  • It made a change to hear the TV panel actually properly criticising the performance.
    As Harry Redknapp said, if that was MacLarens team out there, then Wembley would have been in uproar.
    As he said, keep changing the manager but its the same players, and that if you asked the public what the team should be most people would still choose 8 or 9 of that starting lineup, so its the players who are to blame, for playing with fear and not playing how they normally play.
  • Breaks my heart to see our National Team looking so poor. Really thought this new Manager would flatten a few Ego's but same old suspects being played out of position again. What did Capello say we were playing last night 4-3-2-1 a fooking Christmas Tree, like they all play in systems like that for their clubs. Until a few of Lampard, Rooney, A.Cole, Terry are dropped for more than a couple of games & shown that they are not indespensible the better the Team will be, no-one can tell me Woodgate, Richards, Young, Agbonlahor would be any worse.
  • im with Red Pete
  • i agree with red pete on the PL have no interest in it whatsoever. England I will alaways support regardless of who is wearing the shirt
  • Someone has still to explain to me how Footballers in the Premiership are over paid, considering there the stars of a muitl billion pound industry, and earn a fraction of similar stars do in US sport, cinema and music.
  • Agree with Ketman. Nobody is ever fighting for a place in the team apart from the subs he brings on for 20 minutes, and they're never going to displace Lampard/Rooney etc. Drop them. Make them fight for their places and maybe we'll start seeing some performances.

I'm shocked and appauled that Capello is driving down the exact same road as all the other England managers.
  • does seem to be particularly in his use of friendlies and selection of players, like Jenas (WHY?!) no Bent, etc, etc, etc,

more of the bleeding same.
  • Rothko wrote:

"Someone has still to explain to me how Footballers in the Premiership are over paid, considering there the stars of a muitl billion pound industry, and earn a fraction of similar stars do in US sport, cinema and music."

The top 600 Basketball players do not all earn big money, neither do the top 600 actors or actresses, yet in the Prem, you could be a squad player at Everton or West Ham or Fulham and still earn over a $25k a week.