Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New music, old reggae

OK, young people. Other than Lucky Soul whose good and got a new "LP" out in the "record shops" that is worth downloading. Just listening to the new Magic Numbers effort. Not as good as the first IMHO. Got to have a tune and some clever lyrics.

Old people, been catching up on my old roots reggae LPs on my ipod such Burning Spear, Mighty Diamonds and Dr Alimantado but what gaps are there in my collection? Five best Roots albums anyone?

Comments

• Tighten up Vol 2
  • You can download the rest of the 'Ain't never been cool' EP in a couple of weeks
  • I recommend Bunny Wailer - Blackheart Man.
  • Cheers Sco, I chase that up. Any others?

Rothko, got the download you sent me. Good stuff.

Solidgone, bet you only bought them for the women on the cover. ;-) Have a few on vinyl but sold loads of vinyl in 78 to go on holiday.
  • My vinyl of tighten up disappeared yonks ago but recently bought the CD which doesnt have 'that' cover.....arhhhhh.....the memories..... cha man!
  • edited November 2006
    Just for you, my brethren, Solid

Love and Unity
  • edited November 2006
    Seu Jorge

Definately worth a listen
  • Anything by Augustus Pablo.

The Abyssinians: Satta Massa Gana

Culture: The Two Sevens Clash

Keith Hudson: Rasta Communication

Any John Holt, Alton Ellis or Dennis Brown (for the soulful singers)

Big Yout: Screaming Target or Tappa Zukie: Best of the Frontline for the DJs

Eek-A-Mouse for something unique

Count Ossie and the Mystic Reveleation of Rastafari: Grounation (for something Rastafari) or, alternatively, Ras Michael and the Sons of Negus

What about Shaggy?
  • edited November 2006
    These are worth a listen, i would Highly recommend them
    Culture - 2 sevens clash
    Hugh Mundell - blackheart foundation
    Joe Gibbs & The Professionals - African Dub Chapter 3
    Augustus Pablo - Original Rockers
    Black Uhuru - Red
    Loads More Worth A listen, I Still Have Some Old 45's And Lp's, They Are Getting Harder TO Find.
  • edited November 2006
    Riscardo, that is good but I can't get past it being Bowie.

Lookie/badger

Augustus paublo - king of the melodica - Love him (New Generation) and two seven clash is fantastic. I will check out some of the others but Shaggy a bit recent and pop for me for me
  • Sponsored links:

• Was a joke there H!
  • That's the point, I'm not down with Bowie .... but this does it for me.
  • I can't stand Bowie but more on principle than the music. I'll give it a proper listen.