Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Last night reserve game

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
http://shop.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=29980

At least Pouso, Traore and Sorondo played 90 mins and it sounds like the younger players are up for it esp. Youga

The curse of the Bromley Addicks shirt sponsorship strikes again. Last year Spector and now Gibbs!

Comments

• Sounds like another shocking performance - particularly as that's the clubs official report and has no doubt been spun as much as possible. Anyone go?
  • getting dicked by reading's first team at the current stage you can understand a bit, getting dicked by their ressies puts paid to our strength in depth hopes....
  • Sounds like Llyod Sam is really pushing for a first team start, and I would like to see Myles Weston or Alistar John at the Wycombe game at some stage.

Also would like to see young Gislason given a go.

Alot of premiership teams are bringing youngsters through now e.g Aston Villa, Everton, Man City, Bolton, Middlesbourgh.

Its about time we done the same, these kids might actually want to play for the club and impress which is more than I can say about some of our current mob.
  • its one thing saying bring the kids through, its another them being good enough though.

One thing about Les, he was instrumental at the FA in settign up the academy structure, has worked internationally at youth ./ U21 level so should have a good appreciation of what is required, and whether the potential is there.
  • And Robson has been working with them all.

Other side of the coin is throw in too many, too soon and you destory them but would like to see Sam, John and Walker and maybe Weston given a place on the bench but maybe not all at the same time.
  • Lisbie should also be given a chance
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]Lisbie should also be given a chance[/quote]

Maybe still a bit young. Give him a few more years.
  • Joking aside, Lisbie is presently the second best forward player at the club - he could yet form a good partnership with Dazza. He has only played one game this season, but it was a very good performance from him.
  • That's his one good game for this season then!
    I wonder which one it'll be next year...
  • Lisbie is a joke and should be sold. He wouldn't get in any other premiership side so why do we have him?

Yes hes is ok if we have 3 first team injuries but is not someone who I would put in the starting line-up in a rush.

But he is young, give him time :)

I agree with you AFKA Les has worked with alot of youth set-ups, am I right in saying he gave Darren Bent and Ambrose there first u20 call-ups? And he also chose Weston at 16 to play in the U18 setup for England.

Promising signs for a club with no money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Say something when someone compares Libie to being the 2nd best at the club. GOOD GOD.
  • Well, he's only second best now that Dowie has gone.
    ;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]Joking aside, Lisbie is presently the second best forward player at the club

We really are in the shit.........
  • Maybe Lisbie Is Still At The Club As He Will Be Due His Testimonial, Either Way, I think He Was Kept As An Option Because Of His Pace, Not Really a proven Prem Striker, Has Been On The Transfer List And Had To Come Off It As No Club Came In For Him.
  • that's a capital post mate!
    ;o)