Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

And the Jordan - Charlton love in continues (sorry Simon Jordan)

TT
edited November 2006 in General Charlton
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=&xml=/sport/2006/11/21/sfncha21.xml

Is he obsessed by us or something?

Comments

• "Jordan claimed that Charlton chairman Richard Murray called to wish him good luck in the Championship"

Hmmmm, not quite the wording that Mr Murray used, so we're told.....
  • I'm more worried that some of our players are supposedly earning £45,000 a week!
  • I'm feeling left out...when is Jordan going to sue me?

"I know a lot of the players at Charlton and they weren't having Iain," he said. "The one thing Iain doesn't know is how to manage big players."

Maybe, but he did a good job with Andy Johnson...

"Does he think such a player is going to go boxing or do extra laps in training? He'd say, 'No, f*** off, I'm on £45,000-a-week – how about you do it.'"

Err who is on £45k a week at Charlton? I think Darren Bent at £30k is now the highest earning player, and I've not noticed any resentment from him or desire not to run his socks off.

"Jordan has a long-running dispute with Charlton, dating from when Palace were relegated from the Premiership after a game at Charlton in May 2005."

Jordan has penis envy over Charlton and our success over the last few years, not a long running dispute. I reckon most here consider him somewhere between a joke and an irrelevance.

"Jordan claimed that Charlton chairman Richard Murray called to wish him good luck in the Championship.

Charlton declined to comment."

Actually I believe the words were ETCYT...
  • He may well be something of a joke but he is certainly not an irrelevance. I'm all for characters but the sooner this idiot is forced out the game the better.

However, perhaps his desire to go to court and to revel in the public eye will at least see the truth outing.

Be sure though that absolutely no one is going to come out of this well whatsoever.
  • This was always on the cards.

I can't wait for all the juicy gossip coming out against the perma-tanned one, particularly as we'll get to hear from Steve Bruce and Alan Smith about Susan's ability to abuse his staff.

My only concern is that should it be evident that Dowie was in contact with us prior to his Palace departure, the threat of a points deduction could be there.
  • And from The Mirror.

CRYSTAL PALACE chairman Simon Jordan last night launched an astonishing attack on "big mouth" Iain Dowie - promising no sympathy even though he has now been sacked by Charlton.

Jordan, 39 (right), is taking the former Palace boss to court after releasing him in May to let him work nearer his family home in Bolton - only for Dowie to walk into The Valley a week later.

And Jordan has now vowed to file a new law suit against Charlton after they avoided paying a £1m compensation clause in Dowie's contract.

Dowie, 41, is out of work and has lost the Premiership club's financial support after being axed last week just 15 games into the season.

But Jordan said: "I am not going to let it go - I don't care if he is unemployed.

"Iain is a big man with a big mouth with plenty to say for himself and he can make the decisions he wants and take the consequences.

"If he wanted to go then fine, but don't sit in front of me at a f*****g press conference and have the balls to tell me that he wanted to move up north.

"I gave him his chance and his break when he was at Oldham and deserved a bit of f*****g respect.

"Iain Dowie wouldn't have got anywhere if it wasn't for me, but maybe we are better off without him.

"He couldn't keep my team in the Premiership and couldn't get them back up last season when we had the best squad in the Championship with Andy Johnson, who is one of the top English strikers.

"I am disappointed we can't have Charlton still funding Iain but I will take money off both.

"I will be suing Charlton because there is a vantage point that, potentially, we might join them into the legal action, too.

"Ultimately though it was Iain who knew his contract had a £1million compensation clause and he told me a lie to get out of it."

Dowie (right) denies the allegation and claims he was forced out of Selhurst Park in a foul-mouthed rant by Jordan and is suing after the chairman branded him a liar.

Jordan claims Dowie could not handle Charlton's big stars, such as ex-Chelsea ace Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

"I know a lot of players at Charlton and they weren't having Iain," he said.

"Whether you believe it was those gutless t**ts at Charlton who fired Iain just because they couldn't get on with him, or it was player power... I think it was a combination of both.

"Iain thinks he knows everything but the one thing he doesn't know is how to manage big Premiership players."

Charlton chief executive Peter Varney claimed that one of the reasons Dowie flopped was the amount of work generated by Jordan's law suit.

But Jordan said: "The huge amount of paperwork being generated is because of them. Their lawyers sent me a document asking me to answer 350 f*****g questions.

"Yet Iain and his grotty little former employers couldn't answer eight questions we wanted to know which seems to have escaped them."
  • ha ha ha.

He is so angry
  • Every interview he does just proves more what a bitter little man he is!
  • The guy's an idiot. He's trying to defract from Palace's position in the league.

Can we sue him for calling us morons?....
  • edited November 2006
    '350 f******g questions' ?...we talking the kama sutra here ?
  • Sponsored links:

• I can't see how he thinks that he is going to get anything from us.

There may possibly be a case if he can in some way show that we actively encouraged Dowie to commit the alleged fraudulent misrepresentation to avoid having to pay palace compensation but seems pretty unlikely.
  • edited November 2006
    The man is a complete ****.
    How can he be allowed to keep ranting on like this, "grotty", "gutless", etc. It's defamatory.
  • He has no class whatsoever and its so obvious he's desperately trying to get Murray back for what he said to him!

I bet he's got concrete lions on his driveway.....
  • [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]
    I bet he's got concrete lions on his driveway.....

hahaha!

Shouldn't he be more concerned about Palace instead of being obsessed with us?
  • This latest outburst must surely demand a response from Charlton.

If we draw Palace in the Cup, Jordan's constant snipes, digs and insults to both our board and fans is not going to make for a hospitable atmosphere.
  • Forget the atmosphere - if we draw Palace in the cup, we've just gotta make sure we beat them!
  • FA Cup at our place would be brilliant!!
  • i think he would be banned from the ground if we drew them in the cup, and rightly so.

I don't want to see Charlton reply yet, he's the Palace version of Chirpy, and will be what he wants.

But i really do want CHarlton to go to the FA and strongly state that we have had enough of this, and something needs to be done about him. There will be no shortage of support, believe me.
  • I just want to chin the fecker.
  • I'm just worried that behind all the bluster and ranting and raving he MAY just have a case. The truth will out in the end and we may be left rueing the whole Dowie episode. I can't also help but wonder why Dowie was approached so soon after his Palace departure. Was Murray trying to get one over on Jordan ? I'd like to think not but I'm having serious doubts about that.
  • Sponsored links:

• if we get into a media tittle-tattle war it will be exactly what he wants.

He has a fair few journos and broadcasters in his pocket, and has employed Max Clifford to handle his media / PR stuff for two years now.

Fight him in the media and we will lose hands down.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Fight him in the media and we will lose hands down.

Not too convinced about that AFKA. There are some very naughty rumours flying around about Jordan and unless he's willing to commit purjury in court - and there will be a LONG list of people willing to testify as to his behaviour - then it will possibly ruin what reputation he has.

It will also bring in to question whether he is a 'fit and proper person' to own a football club, which is an FA pre-requisite.

His latest outburst sounds like he's been on the Columbian marching powder.
  • His latest outburst sounds like he's been on the Columbian marching powder- I was going to say that but thought he might sue me.

Isn't his bird a junkie?..
  • Allegedly....! (our Lawyers are watching & all that)
  • and palace don't care...

what a pleb - he's the laughing stock of the entire footballing fanbase and he just doesn't know!
  • Didnt that bird who stalked him say that he had said to her that he had panic attacks due to taking too much Bugle???
  • It is very embarassing to be fair.

His interviews remind me of a junior school playground.

The bloke really needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.
  • Some excellent Palace comments in this thread

http://forums.cpfc.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=144142&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

particularly think this one is accurate

'Some of us should try hard to avoid judging Jordan because he says what we may feel. It may help some fans warm to Jordan, because he is 'one of us' - but in truth he is doing neither himself nor the Club any good with these outbursts.

As SW16girl says, this latest rant will count against him in Court. It shows him as being both inconsistent and a foul mouthed bully.

I am sure his lawyers will be urging him to drop the case against Dowie, which seems doomed, but I am not convinced that Jordan knows how to take advice like that.'
  • if that's his advise, he'll sack his legal team - he clearly isn't going to give up his shot at a day in court, least we all know his case is very unconvincing and it's going to cost him an absolute bomb
  • I thought was the best quote and hit the nail on the head proving that the Orange One is just a publicity whore!

Why does Simon Jordan keep publicly contradicting himself?
    Only last week he was telling the world through "Sky Sport" that Charlton were wrong to sack his ex-manager. Today he is
    telling us through the "Mirror" that Dowie is incapable of handling Premier League players!

Can our Chairman tell us whether he thinks our current manager is capable of handling Premier League players?

Is Mr. Jordan suffering from Alzheimer's and genuinely forgets what he says just a few days earlier, or is he simply having a laugh?