Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

John Robinson

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
Some of the current players should remember this.

Robbo is thought of as a legend, and whenever we talk about players now not giving their all etc. Robbo is always a name that is mentioned.

Robbo took YEARS to win over the Charlton crowd. He joined in 92, yet it wasn't until 96-97 that he started to get people onside, and it was only when he moved to the left and had Mark Bowen join behind him that he really started to push on.

Despite getting criticism, he got his head down and stuck at it.

Comments

• Options
    Only cos he replaced Robert Lee. But you are right .
  • Options
    Not only because he replaced Robert Lee, he also wasn't that good...

Same with Steve Brown, it was only in his later seasons he become popular.
  • Options
    what a legend

when you think of the fact that we had a team with characters like ruuf, brownie, robbo, kins, stuart, powell and parker in it not so long ago and look at the bunch of nomarks we're lumbered with now it just makes you think how times have changed...
  • Options
    The answer my friend is Robbo on the wing the answer is Robbo on the wing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    And all the runs that Robbo makes are winding,
    And all the goals that Kinny scores are blinding.
    There are many things that i would like to say to you but i don't know how.
    Cos maybe, we're going on up from Endsleigh
    And after all, who the f**k's Millwall !

Copyright. Midweek coach to Huddersfield 2-2
  • Options
    MINI BUS OR COACH
  • Options
    Coach, we're about 7 coaches that night as there were no trains back.

Had about 500 up there and an excellent atmosphere. Freezing cold.
  • Options
    Copyright to mini-bus who had to stop off at Police station to pick 2 people nicked for going onto pitch to celebrate equaliser and who stopped off at boozer on the moors to interrupt male voice choir with a rendition of Valley Floyd Road.Even got given a tray a spuds to eat on way home.Can't beat them days.
  • Options
    MCSMCS
    edited November 2006
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Coach, we're about 7 coaches that night as there were no trains back.

Had about 500 up there and an excellent atmosphere. Freezing cold.

Is this the game when we scored a Charlton fan jumped the little wall and ran onto the pitch then promptly slipped in a mahoosive puddle and ended up in it!

Anyone else remember this?
  • Options
    04. Whats the horse thingy all about?
    Or is it a Donky - Bent replacement?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I will send you the pic tommoz, then you will no what it means duude
  • Options
    Robbo took YEARS to win over the Charlton crowd.

Indeed Robbo is the only player to make my personal best ever Addicks team...and my worst, albeit for different eras. Before 1996 Robbo was a lightweight, injury prone joke, Charlton put him on the transfer list, unsurprisingly there were no takers and as he was under contract he stayed, but I'm sure he'd have been released if his contract had ended in 1995/6. As it was he started that season on the bench, someone got injured, he came in, played a blinder and the rest was history.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Very true AFKA, I remember one fanzine, Anorak Addick I think, saying that if you merged Jonny Robinson and Mark Robson you'd have one good player what with Robson's skill and Robinson's work rate.

The other point is that if it took Robbo 5 years, moving all the way from Brighton, to settle in maybe we should cut Diawara, Gibbs, Pouso et al just a little more slack.
  • Options
    Do any of the players know who Robbo is though???????