Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Away matches an idea...

There's a common complaint that there isn't enough singing at away games, or that it isn't co-ordinated, becomes sporadic etc.

How about an area of our away ground allocation being designated as a "singing area" and those who want to sing being encouraged to sit there together, with the non-singers sitting somewhere else?

Would that work?

Comments

• Options
    And laminated song sheets too?
  • Options
    Could easily work if thought about properly, pressure would needed to be put on the club to implement it though. Cant really see it happening mind.
  • Options
    We won't have to worry about this for much longer anyway as the regulars will have plenty of room away at Burnley, etc next season.
  • Options
    If all you're getting is a load of abuse from people for not singing, it doesn't help.

What comes first the performance or the songs?
  • Options
    I must admit the songs at Charlton these days are nothing like they use be!V F R is always good!but get into them ..... them off etc!waste of time lads
  • Options
    Thing is it would only be needed to be implemented a couple of games a season...

Reading, Arsenal this year for example when we sell out.

Possibly Watford as well ?
  • Options
    Tavern - I agree entirely. We have fewer songs than points on the table.

Btw - Isnt it F%%% them up. Not that sure because I cant be bothered to sing it.
  • Options
    get into them ..... them off etc ?????? I've never heard that one. Is the missing word toss?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]Tavern - I agree entirely. We have fewer songs than points on the table.

Btw - Isnt it F%%% them up. Not that sure because I cant be bothered to sing it.
    That was my point mate!It goes in one ear and out the other
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]get into them ..... them off etc ?????? I've never heard that one. Is the missing word toss?
    Nah mugs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's enough songs that people are willing to sing but what can you do if no-one is willing to join in?
    Unreserved seats would help but doubt most teams would want to introduce this.
  • Options
    It'd need the co-operation of the club, but when selling the away tickets they could ask "singing or non-singing". Singers fill the block from the back downwards, non singers from the front upwards. Depending on how quickly various people got their act together to buy tickets you might find that the balance from block to block was a bit different, but it'd be a start.
  • Options
    there's just no way it could function, the wallies in the ticket office barely sell you the right type of ticket to the right match, let alone classifying you into "singing" and "non-singing" categories...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]there's just no way it could function, the wallies in the ticket office barely sell you the right type of ticket to the right match, let alone classifying you into "singing" and "non-singing" categories...

Oh yeah, I know it's unlikely to work in practice, particularly as when we say singing we actually mean standing, which the club couldn't possibly condone. But when you've got reserved seating, there's not really much else you can do.
  • Options
    Perhaps Mr irving could lend a hand here?
  • Options
    FOG HORNS - ERRR ERRRR