Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Language Timothy !

Just a polite request, i know everyone is a bit pent up at the mo, but please try and keep a lid on this a bit more guys.

We really don't want to have to put swear filters in, we like the fact the freedom is there, but similarly we don't want it abused either. Nothing wrong with the occassional bit of soft swearing, but if F's become the norm then it soon moves on from there, and its not really where we want this board to go.

cheers guys and girls

Comments

• Options
    What is acceptable?
  • Options
    Is bollocks ok?
  • Options
    Sorry Mother!!!
  • Options
    but they're allowed to swear on the pitch
  • Options
    nothing that comes after "my old man said be a Palace fan, I said............"
  • Options
    i'm not going to do a list !!

just a bit of common sense really. Some people would like anything goes, some are cautious that work collegues/boss, or kids might be reading, and don't want anything. So somewhere in the middle is fine.

We aren't Millwall, we haven't got the need to make ourselves feel big by chucking in swear words every sentence.

As said before, we don't want a kindergarten, but when every sentence has swearing in, the debate disintegrates and the standard of replies general get more personal. We like giving the freedom, we just don't want it becoming a common feature.

Fair ? Or am i being a bit too sensitive ?
  • Options
    Surely it depends on the context the swear word is used...they print swear words in grown up newspapers!
  • Options
    I think a list would be a good idea so we know where we stand
  • Options
    I love it when AFKA gets serious - you can guarantee that the word "guys" will appear in the first paragraph somewhere...
  • Options
    the worst one is the c word, no matter what way you disguise the spelling
    truly awful & now girlies use it with gay abandon

standards!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2006
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]I love it when AFKA gets serious - you can guarantee that the word "guys" will appear in the first paragraph somewhere...

ha, i don't think i ever actually say the word 'guys' anyway.

In fact, i think how i talk and how i write are completely opposite. Am i a weirdo, or are others like that ??
  • Options
    "gay abandon"

Should be banned!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]I think a list would be a good idea so we know where we stand

It's not really a list that's required, it's a quota per thread.

one profanity per 7 messages would be a reasonable limit. But to prevent anyone abusing it any posters using more than 10 profanities per day will have their cursing privileges revoked for 48 hours.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]"gay abandon"

Should be banned!

don't you like that?

been using it alot lately.................heaven knows why?
  • Options

Isn't that Shrewsbury's ground ?
  • Options
    i think i might have text the C word leaving Reading satuday... but i did have the manners to text it as "c...s" with the word "useless" in front of it.... i was annoyed!
  • Options
    A ground which we could be visiting in the not too distant..........................
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i think i might have text the C word leaving Reading satuday... but i did have the manners to text it as "c...s" with the word "useless" in front of it.... i was annoyed!

what would Sister Paul say!!!!!!???????
  • Options

Should be banned!

Homophobe!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i think i might have text the C word leaving Reading satuday... but i did have the manners to text it as "c...s" with the word "useless" in front of it.... i was annoyed!

im not sure about sister paul but sister Bernadette would be saying "er er er ill bring ye all back at five past treee, im timing im timing".

i still do a rather fetching impression of her with my cardigan pulled over my head and tucked behind my ears... funny the things you remember from school.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Please expand on the felching impression B...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]

im not sure about sister paul but sister Bernadette would be saying "er er er ill bring ye all back at five past treee, im timing im timing".

i still do a rather fetching impression of her with my cardigan pulled over my head and tucked behind my ears... funny the things you remember from school.

you'll definately have to do that one when we see each other again.............just make sure I haven't taken a mouthful of Pride eh!!!!!!
  • Options
    "taken a mouthful of Pride eh!!!!!"

and who is Pride.

Is that the time?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]"taken a mouthful of Pride eh!!!!!"

and who is Pride.

Is that the time?

Lucky ;-)
  • Options
    "Lucky ;-)"

Lol. I haven't got a reply to that ......................
  • Options
    i have.

but i'm not posting it !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i have.

but i'm not posting it !
    How about a swear box mate!all proceeds made payable to me!