Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

LUKE YOUNG

MCSMCS
edited November 2006 in General Charlton
When he first joined i was quite pleased. When i first saw him play i thought 'oh god what have we spent 4mil on 'that cacker' for'! Then he went and had one good season. Now the nob is captain! How the foook can they still want him as captain! He is the worst captain of a cafc team i have ever seen, no passion, no fight no nothing. IMO as soon as he foooks orf the better. We could get a young up and coming right back in who actually gives afuck about us.

Am i being harsh, as i never really liked him much anyway! After the foolham game he pizzed me off by just leaving the field and not clapping us, and on sat (i think he might of applauded us) but he was rubbish, you never see him ranting and harrying his players like a proper captain should, just really quiet and Luke Warm.

Comments

• Wooooooooah - Bobby Moore was never a screamer or a shouter - Who would you make captain though mate.

Holland - Kish -

Not many candidates is there.
  • Faye?

Luke has been a consistenly good performer since becoming captain, so it has had that positive effect, but now we need a motivator on the pitch and I don't see anyone who could do it - it would be good if Faye has the character to do it.
  • Your defo right there arf, i didnt think of who, i just have this image of luke sauntering off at fulham not looking like a proper captain! Its a tough call, as at the moment we havn't a player in our team who would even deserve the captaincy! The captain should be playing week in and week out, but who is the question! I dont think luke deserves it.

Ps i am too young for bobby moore!
  • Therein is one of our problems, we don't have any leaders on the pitch.
  • I don't think Young is that too bad a captain. Maybe our squad of players couldn't cope with a Roy Keane type of captain. Reading some of Young's comments about he wants to see who is up for the fight miht well see him come out of shell a bit IF he is in his shell.

I mean we don't know he could a screamer but saves it for the dressing room. Personally I don't like to see a captain having a go at a player like Roy Keane used to BUT it would be nice to see Young gee the players up from time to time.

It's a hard subject because I just can;t see who would do a better job. Me personally certianly wouldn't want any of our foreign contingent as captain SOLELY because most of them have no idea what Charlton are all about. Kish maybe but the bloke can;t get into the team so that's a no no.

Maybe Herman for some people NOT for me.
  • I tell you arf, you have put a different spin on this now, i was confused about it in the first place, hence why i posted this up! Now i just dont no, you put a some good points accross arf, and i am inclined to agree with you. I didnt for once think who could, or who i want in as a replacment captain! You are right, none of the foreign contingent, as they aint Charlton! Who knows!

Perhaps i wish that Luke would show a bit more passion, you dont have to be like roy keane to have passion!
  • Oh and defo not HH either! He is rubbish now.
  • Davids is apparently unsettled at Spurs - I would defo like to see him on our midfield.
  • England international - because he was the only English right-back available.
    Player of the Year - because he played every game and had no competition for his place.
    Couldn't beat an egg yet alone an opponent.
    You could probably count the decent crosses he's put in on one hand, in how many years?
    It's only rose tinted Charlton fans that think he's sooooo good.

Nowt more than a mediocre Premiership defender.
  • Have to agree with you there Stone. Has had one decent season in my opinion & a couple of good games in each. Not captain material but we've not really got anyone that is. Not as bad as you make out sometimes but definately not as good as others say. He may be consistent but when the standard isnt that great, its not too good.

Good to meet ya at the weekend too fella, and you Ketman!
  • Sponsored links:

• He was awful when he arrived, and only when he went to centre back at the end of season 2? that he started to play well. Then he did have a really good season, but as most of you say he has been fairly mediocre and it's only cos he is English and a long server that gets a game he is captain.
  • Polo also nice to meet you fella. I have never held a particular high regard for our current skipper, still cannot believe he made the England team, shows how poor England are rather than how good Luke Warm has ever been. Don't get me wrong he has had a couple of steady seasons, but is hardly the mainstay of the side & as for captain don't see it myself only has it due to lack of other options.
  • How about David Beckham?
  • i think you are being just a bit harsh on luke.take him out of the side and you would see just how really poor our defence has been for the last few years.he is like kish in that you notice him more than others.

he has never been able to shake off his price tag either and i don't think he deserves us to get on his back.i believe he is one of the few who do care about the club they play for.people were prepared to forgive konch for less.
  • Peakey you clearly wasnt at the fulham game, where us travelling 1800 fans on a monday night game at 30 odd quid a ticket gave the team tremendous support, and he couldn't be bothered to even look over in our general direction, let alone put his hands together!

Dont get me started on konch, he is awful