Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Uchechi

Anyone know why Danny Uchehi hasn't been involved in any of the friendlies? I know we have plenty of strikers & he is only young but i thought he was a pro now and older or at least the same age as Godfrey who has played a number of games. Uchechi seemed to score plenty of goals last year so was hoping he would be coming through towards the end of this season. Also where are Harry Arter & Martin Christensen who have not featured at all??

Comments

• Options
    could be that he has had a heavy close season or he is training for the olympics, or Pardew does not fancy him
  • Options
    He's been well involved for his country in the close season, scoring a goal and playing in a semi & a final.

If Nigeria rate him, then no doubt so do Charlton ....... but he'll not have been long back training, I suppose.
  • Options
    I think the plan is to loan him out for a season to improve his game and then bring him back in a year or two, so there wouldn't seem to be much point in playing him when others have a greater need of first team experience/get fit for the season. He's one for the future, not one for now.
  • Options
    Danny's off I'm afraid, shame as he's a good kid.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite]Danny's off I'm afraid, shame as he's a good kid.

What, he's joining another club permanently or on loan?
  • Options
    It's not been confirmed but it looks like he's on his way and not coming back.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite]It's not been confirmed but it looks like he's on his way and not coming back.

I'd heard a rumour that there was some kind of Work Permit issue but thought he might be farmed out to Belgium/France etc so he could get an EU passport quicker. Whats the problem ?
  • Options
    I've heard we want him to stay, however i'm not sure what his contract details are or when it expires.

Other (European) clubs are interested in him and I think he's already had a (crisis) meeting with CAFC to discuss his future, will try to find out more details.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite]I've heard we want him to stay, however i'm not sure what his contract details are or when it expires.

Other (European) clubs are interested in him and I think he's already had a (crisis) meeting with CAFC to discuss his future, will try to find out more details.

A "crisis" meeting? Sounds important.
  • Options
    Aparently not so much of a crisis as he's had the meeting and was back in training Tuesday, fingers crossed he's staying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Please let this be true that he is staying i rate this one as highly as i do Jon Jo i thought he looked really impressive and a big lump as well

keep us informed reserves please
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Please let this be true that he is staying i rate this one as highly as i do Jon Jo i thought he looked really impressive and a big lump as well

keep us informed reserves please

a big lump ? I thought he was/is about 5ft 6in although quite strong and powerful but I'd have to disagree with the big lump comment
  • Options
    whatever happend bout our young kid who was going blackburn? kemi somthing or other.
  • Options
    richmond kissi?
  • Options
    thats him, did he go? or with hughes leaving end that one?
  • Options
    Last I heard was he was going abroad for a couple of seasons to sort out his work permit, exactly as Large said....