Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England in the Sunshine

Been lucky to have visited(lived) in some great places, but England -- seaside--- sunshine. Hard to beat it.
Great day out, glad i ddint get a ticket. Cider in the shade mmmmmmmmmm.

PS never saw any trouble and why would there have been ?

Comments

• If you could gaurantee the weather you wouldn't have to go abroad...
  • Drove to herne bay yesterday to visit an aunt. We drove the coastal route from Brighton... took bloody ages but some stunning scenery.

And last night finished off the weekend by staying in a lovely little place called Sandgate where we sat and had some sundowners on the beach.

This morning i sat and had my cuppa from my bedroom overlooking the ocean and the last thing on the earth i wanted to do was leave to come to work. Why?

great weekend.
  • After saturdays beer and seaside.lovely few pints early doors end of pier...just magic.........lovely in garden from 7 - 7 yesterday......at far end by the shed me and the good lady....what sundays are made for....butterflies....amazing no lwan mowers to be heard or music...just us the odd breeze and few cold ones......and eben heard the church bells from Holy Trinity dartford......we both agreed heaven...and the shed nearly double up at a Beach hut......correct who needs abroad....this year all holidays in Kent....and trying best to only eat Kentish produce,,,,,
  • I went Southend

Kids love teh rides after 6 its half price well worth it

It was a dump piles of rubbish all over the beaches, i said to the Mrs whats wrong with people, but she did say well have you seen any bins and must admit they were very scarse to say the least.

Not one street cleaner seen all night.
    I did think i was in another country as i hardly heard a English voice all evening except when we went in the Britannia for a drink.

Never again i will stick to Kent coast from now on.
  • I went Southend

It was a dump piles of rubbish all over the beaches, i said to the Mrs whats wrong with people, but she did say well have you seen any bins and must admit they were very scarse to say the least.

I did think i was in another country as i hardly heard a English voice all evening except when we went in the Britannia for a drink.

• I went Southend

• I went Southend

• I went Southend

• where did you go leftbehind?
  • where did you say you went this weekend left behind?
  • Sponsored links:

• I've heard the beach leaves a bit to be desired. Is that true?
  • sorry the Internet at work was playing up and showing a blank screen thought the site had crashed

Admin please delete cheers
  • As a local, I'd like to defend Southend, but I can't. You are right it has become a filthy hole. Most of the locals have no sense of civic pride and most of the visitors couldn't give a toss; they drink too much, make too much noise, and make the sort of mess that you wouldn't accept from a newborn puppy. Walking down the high street is just one big game of dodging the pavement pizzas.

There is some lovely countryside here in Essex, but most of it tends to be in the northern part of the county. Along the Thames area it's just like London, but without the redeming cultural attractions that make London a great city.
  • I took the kids to Southend on Saturday, havent been down to the seafront for years, better than it used to be but still not a patch on Brighton.
  • Holiday time in Southend = East End Chavs (most of them Spammers) on a jolly, plus hundreds of East End Asians and their thousands of kids. Avoid like the plague!

Get a sunny day in the winter and Southend is absolutely lovely. Good walk along the front followed by lunch, spot on.

You obviously passed the famous Canvey Island then!
  • Used to do Southend Saturday for the kids half price wrist bands all verry nice

Have not been in the daytime for years and doubt i will go back.
  • edited July 2008
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]
    You obviously passed the famous Canvey Island then![/quote]

I was brought up on Canvey. You can't do it in a day anymore, it's so crowded it takes a full day just to get on or off!