Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Urban Foxes

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2008
    Good for the foxes I say. One of the few animals that is actually doing well alongside humans. Human beings are busy wiping out most other species on this planet so its nice to see that there's something that can survive alongside us. Lets face it there are only two reasons why there are urban foxes at all:
    1. Large scale mechanised farming wiping out their natural rural habitats.
    2. The ease of getting food near to wasteful humans in towns and cities.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Good for the foxes I say. One of the few animals that is actually doing well alongside humans. Human beings are busy wiping out most other species on this planet so its nice to see that there's something that can survive alongside us. Lets face it there are only two reasons why their are urban foxes at all:

Well said Stig. The real pest are humans
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: vancouveraddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Good for the foxes I say. One of the few animals that is actually doing well alongside humans. Human beings are busy wiping out most other species on this planet so its nice to see that there's something that can survive alongside us. Lets face it there are only two reasons why their are urban foxes at all:

Well said Stig. The real pest are humans

While we are on human pests, two people were killed in a remote part of Russia by bears. The bears food supplyof salmon has been depleted by humans over fishing the area. Afterthe killings by the hungry bears is resulting in hunters going out to the area to kill 2 - 300 hundred bears, because the bears are a problem. Another man made disaster that others on this planet pay for.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sporaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]I'm getting a bloke round to shoot the family of foxes that live at the bottom of my garden - they are a complete pain the 'arris and I've had enough.

Can't he start with some of the feral youths first before he starts bothering with foxes?

[cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    I was told they don't like it if you collect your own urine and pour it around near their den...a bit drastic I must admit but when the need arises you'll try anything I guess!

This definitely works - if you know where their den is - pouring human urine around the entrance will cause them to abandon it and not return to it.

Funny, but I thought the den was already full of human urine.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: sporaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]I'm getting a bloke round to shoot the family of foxes that live at the bottom of my garden - they are a complete pain the 'arris and I've had enough.

Can't he start with some of the feral youths first before he starts bothering with foxes?

[cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    I was told they don't like it if you collect your own urine and pour it around near their den...a bit drastic I must admit but when the need arises you'll try anything I guess!

This definitely works - if you know where their den is - pouring human urine around the entrance will cause them to abandon it and not return to it.

Funny, but I thought the den was already full of human urine.

LOL