Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stand up and be counted

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
until MrsLarge membership is approved she just wants to say :

I don't usually subscribe to forums, but yesterday i was disgusted with the performance i saw from them so called Charlton players. I don't mind losing games as long as effort and passion was put in by all and after watching yesterday debacle there not much being putting in by the players. We are now now in the do-do, not only are we sitting at the bottom of the premiership table we are low in confidence. Would it not be a good idea to show this squad of players how we got to be where we are today. I know we shouldn't harp on about the past but we have lost our last link in Curbs with where we came from, i.e no ground, no fans and not a pot to piss in. Losing our premiership status is not an option. As we have seen from the last couple of years it's hard to get out of the championship division and no guarantees we will do it in the first season if we did drop.

So please players STAND UP AND BE COUNTED we as fans have done our part in the past and no doubt would do it in the future.

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2006
    Good points Large/MrsLarge- MrsLarge- you're approved and welcome aboard

Charlton is a family club and CharltonLife a family forum!
  • Options
    spot on!
  • Options
    Good to know there is one member of the family who knows their stuff !!

:-)

Welcome.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    i was and am still bitterly disappointed with the sacking of dowie,as i felt rightly or wrongly that he would be able to turn it around.but even with his poor results, the players at least gave a $£*& and this was clearly not the case for the first time this season on saturday.

reed explaining that he learnt a lot on saturday really did not instill me with confidence.3 points next week and it will all be forgotten.
  • Options
    reeds been there since dowie,the guys sounds a right prick.
  • Options
    get a life and give him a chance

he's got charlton in his blood and there's no better qualified tactician in the country

he's got the credentials and he's the best bet we've got so get behind him
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    [cite]Posted By: lucy lou[/cite]reeds been there since dowie,the guys sounds a right prick.

and you don't ??
  • Options
    its my view,no need to snipe like a little boy,the mans a walking advert for the mundane.
  • Options
    tell me you were not the prick on the coach.
  • Options
    you are of course entitled to your opinion but can't you give a reasoned arguement ? True he's been there since Dowie but as his number two and as such has no real influence over tactics,selection etc etc. Now he's in charge it's up to him to change things. Because of intl week he only had a day to work with the players. The time to judge is from next week onwards. Must also remember he was coach when we were promoted via the play-offs. Can he step up from being a coach to effectively being the manager. I don't know but I'm willing to give him a chance. Isn't that only fair ??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    far view just think les reed is a not gonna do jack,needed a clean slate,not a man in hes mid fifties with no experince,who keeps proclaiming to be a charlton man,what does that actually mean?back to boring us senseless,before someone says fuck off if you dont like it,i cant they are under the skin.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lucy lou[/cite]its my view,no need to snipe like a little boy,the mans a walking advert for the mundane.
    It may be your view, but can you not back it up with something a bit more concrete and rational, than just "he's a prick"? And if it's a choice between excitement and relegation and being mundane and staying up, I'll take mundane every day of the week.
  • Options
    under my skin as well lucylou and I agree with the boring us senseless point. Last year going to games was a bit like purgatory and not at all enjoyable. I thought Dowie going was too early and most fans seem to agree that we were playing more attractive and expansive football even though not getting results. Problem is finding another 'outsider' would have taken a few weeks, time we don't have, and we do need a 'Charlton' man, someone who knows what we're about, what we've been through, our history. Les needs to get this across to the players, ask whose up for it, ship out those that are not and get some in who want to play for us, fight for us, rescue us. There are plenty in the Championsip who'd jump at the chance and yes they might not be as good but if they are willing to put there lot in then even that might be enough. Either way it's gonna be one hell of a ride.
  • Options
    good for you your easily pleased then.
  • Options
    that last message was not for you large addick.
  • Options
    be nice to see them kiss the badge,do a neville sometimes,maybe a petition showing that unlike our players our fans have always been top league for passion,and we require them to play for the club not the pay cheque.
  • Options
    unfortunately 'aliwibble' does have a point. not that he/she is easily pleased but that this season, more than any other, we need to stay up because of the money on offer in the Prem next season. I don't like it but in part I agree that I'd rather see less expansive football for the rest of the season, stay up and then build on it next. Maybe Dowie tried to change it all too quickly but know we need fighting performances and to grind out results. If we do that and stay-up then all well and good but expect better next season.
  • Options
    yeah you may be right,but the players need to no asap that were not reading or wigan,were a proper club with a history and we require 100% not the dross they give every weekend.detached is the word for our players.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lucy lou[/cite]be nice to see them kiss the badge,do a neville sometimes,maybe a petition showing that unlike our players our fans have always been top league for passion,and we require them to play for the club not the pay cheque.

Spot on. As I said up to Reed to sort out the men from the boys and replace those unwilling or unable to play for the badge. Primadonnas most of them who probably think 'oh well if Charlton go down I'll move to another PL club' so time for Reed to tell 'em 'sorry to disillusion you but maybe you arn't good enough but who knows if you keep it up as you are now perhaps another Championship club will want you but on less money of course'.
  • Options
    Les should try some of the youngsters, they may not be goodenough but they will show fight to try and prove they are. They are probably fitter as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He did when he brought Sam on. Didnt think he was that great, from what I saw and heard, but at least he tried, unlike the other tits out there...
  • Options
    it's no good having players that try...we need more than fucking tryers , we need ability and unfortunately the ability of some is not being shown at the moment...passion and tryers wont keep us up cos if it would we'd all be fucking playing
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    less of the swearing please.it's not big and it's not clever.
  • Options
    Obviously in an ideal world we'd have players of that ilk, however I'd much rather have players that played for the shirt, as Reading do, than talented players that didn't give a fuk
  • Options
    our players were showing pride and passion before reading.

these are the same players who have completely lost their heads with the goings on in the last week.
  • Options
    fuck off peakey... you know i've got tourettes you c**t
  • Options
    Stand up? Were the siiiit daaan brigade not at Reading then?
  • Options
    I think Lloyd Sam & possibly Carson were the only players who did not deserve a barrel load of abuse at the end of the game.