Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reading humour

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
I thought Reading fans were very witty yesterday. I know it was difficult to take at the time but they did have us banged to rights. I especially liked their response to "where were you when you were shit" with "You were here and you were shit". Football humour can be cruel but very funny sometimes.

Did anyone else catch the funny side or just too pissed off to take it. There have been some great songs. I heard that the spanners sing to the Brighton fans; We can see you holding hands....!

Whats your favourite funny song from the terraces?

Comments

• Options
    "you're just a poor mans QPR" to the reading fans yesterday

"you ate my ladbrador , you ate my ladrador" to Seoul yesterday
  • Options
    I couldn't take the funny side, being (justifiably) mugged off by Reading fans was too much to take for me.

They do like a clap though, don't they ? Impeccible timing it has to be said. Not one of them was out of sink !
  • Options
    I enjoyed the stand up if you hate Chelsea sung by both sets of fans just after half time.
  • Options
    make you right afka. stress levels too high didnt laugh but know we would have done the exact same thing. does make a difference having the loud/singing section to the away section. fooking horrible.

and they've been in the prem how long????
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    [cite]Posted By: PalaceHater[/cite]I enjoyed the stand up if you hate Chelsea sung by both sets of fans just after half time.

Considering most 'and Reading' fans are Chelsea supporters, I found that even more funny
  • Options
    Apparently West Ham were singing to Chelsea on Saturday 'You can't buy an Atmostphere, You can't buy an Atmostphere'. Thought Readings fans were Excellent on Saturday, our effort at support was quite frankly embarrasing on the day.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Ketman,

After watching MOTD it's not hard to mimagine we were poor atmospherically.
  • Options
    Heard this little beauty on saturday, not widespread but thought it was great.

There are 40,000 rent boys sitting at the bridge,
    40,000 rent boys sitting at the bridge,
    But if one chechen rebel was to shoot Abramavich,
    They'll be no more chelsea rent boys sitting at the bridge
  • Options
    i see we were a 'silver' game on saturday and priced accordingly by reading...west ham are in their platinum category...get ready to dig deep...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]I thought Reading fans were very witty yesterday. I know it was difficult to take at the time but they did have us banged to rights. I especially liked their response to "where were you when you were shit" with "You were here and you were shit". Football humour can be cruel but very funny sometimes.

Did anyone else catch the funny side or just too pissed off to take it. There have been some great songs. I heard that the spanners sing to the Brighton fans; We can see you holding hands....!

Whats your favourite funny song from the terraces?
    Knees up mother brown!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]i see we were a 'silver' game on saturday and priced accordingly by reading...west ham are in their platinum category...get ready to dig deep...

£35 for a ticket. I presume we are classed as platinum by them as they don;t really like us after pinching pardew.

Just out of curiosity how much did they charge you lot for saturday.
  • Options
    £32, or if you have a home season ticket you get 4 quid discount! So 28 pounds i think this works out to!
  • Options
    No mention of a discount for our season ticket holders!! Old wiggy really don't like us then.