Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Should Dogs be licensed.

edited July 2008 in Not Sports Related
Why is it that i see a CERTAIN Type of person walking with a pit bull or staff.

Are these people really dog lovers,should these dogs be licensed.

Will they become a replacement for the dreaded knife.

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Badger[/cite]Why is it that i see a CERTAIN Type of person walking with a pit bull or staff.

Dogs have always been used as weapons, when I was a young lad going to school in stepney there were quite a few people around who trained their dogs to chase black people. The old licence was just silly, but thye should introduce a new one£100, except for pensioners, only issued with a vaccination certificate and proof the owner is over 21 and the dog has been chipped.
  • Well unfair on the dogs because Staffs are lovely things by nature but some horrible fucker can make any dog a dangerous creature.

I think there should be more checks simply because of the amount of people who get dogs whatever breed and cannot look after the poor sods. Pitbulls are dogs that should however only be owned by people who have experiance of their strength and boredom thresholds. Same as any powerful breed.
  • Absolutely ! The key criteria would be that you would have to prove that you were the sort of person who would clean up after it. Nothing drives me mad more than taking the kids to the park only to find it littered with crap.
  • Its more than people can do to tax and insure thier cars.
  • [cite]Posted By: PettsWoodAddick[/cite]Its more than people can do to tax and insure thier cars.

If they are not licensed then they have to be put down - simple as (and I am talking about the owners not the dogs)
  • [cite]Posted By: Badger[/cite]Why is it that i see a CERTAIN Type of person walking with a pit bull or staff.

I have a staff,so what certain person am I ?
  • Yes, If I have to take a test and pay for driving a car, then so should they.

I'll get me coat.
  • Who would police it............the plastic police too worried to approach bad uns at best of time cant see them going up to gang with fee bit bulls or staffs to ask for insurance and check if dog been pinned......its great idea...needed but cannot see it being practical.....as it is i get the hump with all OB round my why worried about car crime ......would have to change * aint they got annything better to do than check cars...to dogs *...to be honest only had my first dog ever for 6 months and thought you still needed a license.....then told not needed.....
  • Some years ago when dog licences were compulsory, my next door neighbour Shamus bought a dalamtian dog (which are of course black and white) because he thought the licence would be cheaper!
  • Come on badger what's happened to you mate.

A _____ man with a staff has obviously upset you. what'd they do.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2008
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Some years ago when dog licences were compulsory, my next door neighbour Shamus bought a dalamtian dog (which are of course black and white) because he thought the licence would be cheaper!

Very funny, but I think this should be on the Pink Floyd thread.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Some years ago when dog licences were compulsory, my next door neighbour Shamus bought a dalamtian dog (which are of course black and white) because he thought the licence would be cheaper!

Very funny, but I think this should be on the Pink Floyd thread.

I don't think everyone will get that one stig :)
  • Staffs were bred as fighting dogs, so no matter how nice they behave with children, there is always a ferocity in them that one day can show itself.
  • I'd not buy a pint from a dog, so I think you're barking up the wrong tree with this one.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Badger[/cite]Why is it that i see a CERTAIN Type of person walking with a pit bull or staff.

a chavvy violent hooey would be the insinuation but I used to have a staff and he was amazing best pet ever, even when he lost a leg and became known as tripod he was my favourite pet rip Samson!

[cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Staffs were bred as fighting dogs, so no matter how nice they behave with children, there is always a ferocity in them that one day can show itself.
    All dogs have a possible ferocious side it all depends how they are trained!
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Badger[/cite]Why is it that i see a CERTAIN Type of person walking with a pit bull or staff.

Where would you like me to start?!!