Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Absolutely dreadful

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
The worst performance I have witnessed against a very average team.

No tempo, passion, commitment, energy, team ethic, fight, belief etc.

They were arguing amongst themselves after 20 mins, not one player came out of that game with any credit bar Carson perhaps for another fantastic save.

HH El Karkouri were desperately poor, Ambrose, Thomas, Rommedahl Holland....weak and totally unifluential, both Bents couldn't be arsed to make any contribution, was this a group of players reacting against the Dowie removal or what?

I feel sorry for Dowie (am still non the wiser why he was given the Big E) and even more sorry for Les Reed who at the very least should of and deserved a reaction from the team yesterday in response to the events last week.

So looking forward to Everton, Les has a full week now with which to get into the players hearts and minds. He has Faye, Kish, Diawarra Gibbs, Traore due to return, we need a reaction and we need it to start next week vs Everton

We need to have belief though from where I am sitting at the moment it is really very hard to see how we can get out of this mess, but being Charlton, plucky old little Charlton I somehow remain convinced that we will

Comments

• Options
    I wished I could share you optimism but I am still numb after yesterday's embarrassment.
  • Options
    what about Young too? thought he was crap!need a new captain and fast!

Depressing!