Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sidcup Last Night

Anyone know what was going on in Sidcup yesterday evening around 8.30? I was on the bus and there was a police helicopter was hovering around, then then when I got to the junction of Station Road and Hurst Road there was police with sniffer dogs running around and a load more police were standing around a couple of mopeds on the pavement.

Anymore things happen in Sidcup lately then we could have our own series - CSI Sidcup!

Comments

• I was going to ask that...lot of helicopter activity.

Newsshopper- Get on the case...

The kids on mopeds are a bloody nuisance...grrrrrrrrrrr
  • come on Newsshopper sort it out slcking a bit
  • Still no news from the News Hopper?

We've been waiting at least a few minutes now.........

;o)
  • helicopters and sirens is the norm in charlton these days. Sadly.

Well the sirens are absolutely constant.
  • When they're not drowned out by the drilling as yet another road gets dug up by the water board (normally adjacent to our house...). Could be fun if they keep up to their normal standard of finishing late given the state of Floyd Road at the moment!
  • I did notice cars being blocked access to Floyd road yesterday morning.

They have just finished my road which they started the day after our last game. I think they are a month behind schedule so it looks likely that that Charlton lane and Floyd Road could still be in a mess by the time season starts. Can see the Swansea team piling out on Charlton Church lane to get to the ground.
  • Totally - the whole road is dug up now, whilst the temporary traffic lights on Church Lane keep moving seemingly on a daily basis. Wellington Gardens allegedly starts on Monday but I'll believe it when I see it. What they don't realise is the amount of deliveries the club take prior to a match, beer, food etc. emergency vehicles - silly thing is someone else was doing exactly the same thing this time last year. Funniest part has been that the blokes delivering the beer to the 2 clubs have just got on with it despite having to lug barrels here there and everywhere - the poor little love that would have had to carry two boxes of crisps and one of those cardboard things of peanuts across the road however...
  • Fishnets wants to know if anyone knows anything.

;-)
  • nope no one knows nothing, and more than nothing about Sidcup.