Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Preston in for Fortune?

edited July 2008 in Rumours
Preston North End boss Alan Irvine insists a transfer breakthrough could be just around the corner, and has been linked with Charlton Athletic defender Jonathan Fortune.
The Deepdale manager has been having a frustrating time after making just one signing all summer.

But a week after he travelled to the South of England to talk to one target – believed to be Charlton defender Jonathan Fortune – he told the Evening Post: "I've got a couple of plates spinning at the moment.

"Sadly we just don't seem able to complete anything just at this moment.

"There are a couple of things that could drop into place at any time.

Equally, they might never happen. It's just a case of waiting and hoping."

http://www.lep.co.uk/pnenews/Preston-linked-with-Charlton-star.4307569.jp

:S

If it did happen it would leave us with just Hudson as a centre back and the season starting in just under 3 weeks.

Comments

• No more Centre half sales at the moment please! and not cause I rate Fortune, just cause we haven't got the bodies

father-ted-careful-now.jpg
  • wasn't Forch in Spain last week ? Wouldn't surprise me if he left but would leave us woefully short at CH. I see from Parky's blog that they tried Youga at CH against Gibralter as he may have to fill in there sometime during the season. This fire sale is starting to get very worrying.
  • Nobody has left yet that i'm particularly worried about and Boughy is only one i'd like to stay but he will prob leave. If we lose a few more, just a few new decent signings will mean we have a slimmer competitive squad which is what we need imo.