Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

this sunday is different

i was getting used to sundays being a bit groundhog dayish.
wake up.
think of saturdays result/performance.
get papers.
still bottom.
go on charlton life.
find positive posts.
cheer up.
go to pub.

today however i can't get past the 'go on charlton life' bit.
having seen the highlights on motd, and heard/read various reports, how are we gonna get out of this?
rommedahl for the 1st goal just about sums him up, as does the free header sum up our defending, and the mis-kick for the 2nd goal sum up our luck.
even more worrying are the posts saying the players not looking interested, giving credibility to oohaahmortimers post about the petition from players.
contraversial, but i question the board decision that the appointment of reed is in the best interest of the football club if as suggested the players and coaches were consulted during the review. we will see in january, when i think bent and young will hand in transfer requests. how can reed lose the dressing room when he never had it in the 1st place?
it has also been posted 'where did it all go wrong', and pointed to the parker departure being the start, to which some people saying 'if you were offered 20k a week rise to work for a rival company' etc. well if that is a reasonable excuse to leave, surely not having respect/faith in your manager or board is a more than reasonable excuse to want to leave your company.

Comments

• Options
    Most young footballers are not the sharpest tools in the box.

I suspect Parker's agent drip, drip, dripped away "you've got to play in European competition for Sven to consider you Scottie" etc, etc, nothing Charlton could control and the extra dosh, both for Scottie and the scumbag agent, was the icing on the cake.

Undoubtedly Darren Bent will be subject to the same drip, drip, drip as of now and maybe Young although if, as is rumoured, his ankle is knackered then he may be happy to take the wages here.

What I'm trying to say is that a lot of what goes on is outside the control of both the club and the manager.

The manager has to manage what he's got.
  • Options
    Wouldn't suprise me if Young went. If he hadn't failed his medical he's be a west ham now anyway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Most young footballers are not the sharpest tools in the box.

I suspect Parker's agent drip, drip, dripped away "you've got to play in European competition for Sven to consider you Scottie" etc, etc, nothing Charlton could control and the extra dosh, both for Scottie and the scumbag agent, was the icing on the cake.

Undoubtedly Darren Bent will be subject to the same drip, drip, drip as of now and maybe Young although if, as is rumoured, his ankle is knackered then he may be happy to take the wages here.
    I think the advantage we have with Darren Bent is that he seems to be slightly brighter than average, and the fact that there isn't an international competition this summer, so there's less urgency about getting himself in the England team over the second half of the season. Going in the summer is another matter entirely though.