Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

tour of the valley

2»

Comments

• Options
    definately should be an early evening thing - 5.30, 6 something like that.

people won't take time off work for it.
  • Options
    great idea if it can be arranged!!
    i bet you'd get a good turnout..
    i reckon some of the 'barnehurst massssssssiiiiiiiiiiiive' would deffo be up for it
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i think we should wait for Suzi to get back from holliday. She's great at organising.

no problem- happy to do it- happy for anyone else to-

I'll let them have the name and number of the person i spoke to, if needed.

(BTW- i agree about the 5.30- 6 bit)
  • Options
    *bump*

Stanmore, AFKA and Suzi, can we pick this back up?
  • Options
    I think I was on that infamous Curb_It tour - on the centenary open day, wasn't it?

Not sure why, but I ended up watching Millwall v Wigan in the LDV vans trophy final in Floyds, and Kevin Nolan was on another table, cracking jokes and never missing an opportunity to slate the Spanners. As the commentator mentioned Millwall being a family club, he shouted, "family club? What bloody family? The Kray family?"

Terry Cordwell's dad, Peter, used to be sports editor, then editor of the Mercury, and employed Nolan as Charlton reporter.
  • Options
    [cite] LoOkOuT:[/cite]*bump*

Stanmore, AFKA and Suzi, can we pick this back up?

Happy to-would be a great way for charlton lifers to put faces to posts
    I have the details- if suzi is happy to organise then get in touch.
  • Options
    I couldnt organise a pizz up in a brewary, but i am happy to help organise, as i think this would be a good evening.

Perhaps we could speak about it at the charity game, if the majority of regular posters are going.
  • Options
    ooooh just seen this

thanks for the good at organising praise....my boss would beg to differ!
    (especially today as i'm still drunk from last night)

sounds good to me tho, i'm happy to get involved or let stanmore carry on with the good work? I'd like a thursday tho, poss early evening. although could take a pm off, but i do think the more the merrier. the tour did take a couple of hours, so wouldn't want to eat into kevin nolan's personal life, so would it be unreasonable to start at 5.30? knowing it wouldn't be over till half 7? i guess we can only ask, and i know he hung around for a while after our tour for chats and a drink etc, but that was about 4/5pm by the time ours finished.
  • Options
    there is a 5.04 from cannon street so could ask my boss to leave half hour early one day which woudl get me and a few others there for 5.30.
  • Options
    [cite] 04_MCS:[/cite]I couldnt organise a pizz up in a brewary, but i am happy to help organise, as i think this would be a good evening.

Perhaps we could speak about it at the charity game, if the majority of regular posters are going.

It's not really a case of organising- What we need is a choice of 2 or 3 dates and times that we are happy to do and then someone needs to put them to the lady i spoke to at the club and they will let us know whick one is ok.

Finance wise- its £150 for the tour divided by the number of people going- Don't know whether they want the money up front so it's either a case of someone paying upfront and collecting or paying when we get there.

Only thing i feel it would be appropriate to say is that if you post to say your going then you pay otherwise it's not really fair on the rest?

As i said before- i'm happy to do this and happy if someone else (AFKA suggested Suzi) does, as i think it would be a good evening.

Maybe if those who go on sunday have a chat about what they want to do and let the others know?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So do we make some dates then, how about 12 oct 06 or 19 oct 06. Both Thursday. Shall i start it in a new thread?
  • Options
    ok, lets throw a date into the ring..... thursday 9th november
  • Options
    i think october is too soon to organise personally, defo can't do 19th as its someone specials 30th
  • Options
    I am up for this. As stanmore says if you agree to go then you pay whether you are there or not. We cant have 3 people getting shafted for £50 each...............
  • Options
    not 12th cotober - thats curbishley's lunch at cafe royal day so people might be going to that..

9th november suzi... its the week before city addicks - people's partners might get suspicious two thursdays on the trot meeting up with internet friends... ha ha.
  • Options
    The 9th, thats a while away, plenty of time to organise it. Cafc will be ok with this wont they?
  • Options
    We have to see if Kevin Nolan is available- Think a Thursday about 5.30-6 would be good- unfortunately 9th Nov is no good for me but if the general consensus is that it's good i'll put it to the club

What about the 2nd?
  • Options
    i cant do the 2nd....but if people agree with that then i'll just sit here and sulk :-)
  • Options
    so thats not very good then you cant do the 2nd or 9th. week after is city addicks.
    23rd or 30th.
  • Options
    i think i can do 23rd and 30th (if a work trip to amsterdam doesn't work out)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite] Curb_It:[/cite]when the gym first opened? you must have been about 10?

When did that gym open then curbit, would of had to be opened in 1990 for me to be ten!
  • Options
    How about Friday 3rd November?