Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parking at the o2

DA9DA9
edited July 2008 in Not Sports Related
Anyone parked there, according to their website its £20 to park in car parks 1 & 2 and you have to book in advance, or car park 4 is £5 for 2 hours or more, but it looks like they check you are not going into the o2 for a concert etc....anyone know?

Was thinking of parking by the Odeon by Nando's etc and walking over.

Comments

• Options
    When I've parked in car park 4, I've never been asked where I was going, but then I always get there well early before the usual concert crowd starts arriving, so maybe that's the key.
  • Options
    I park at the O2 everyday..
    it is a rip off in the evenings...
    use carpark 4 if you can (it gets full VVV quickly) & just tell them your getting the tube or something.. its £6 to park there.
  • Options
    DA9 its a loger walk than u think from the 0dien.
  • Options
    I parked at Greenwich North station I think - cost me £5 or 6 for the whole evening when we saw Cirque du Soleil a couple of months ago
  • Options
    If after 11am, park in the NCP one for £6 a day...

Have also used the one next to it for a fiver (presume that's car park 4?) and have never been asked where I'm going, and I dont remember seeing any signs there that say you have to be using the O2 facilities to park...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I parked at Greenwich North station I think - cost me £5 or 6 for the whole evening when we saw Cirque du Soleil a couple of months ago

Must be out of there by 11.00pm though, which might be cutting it fine, depending on what your in the O2 for.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I parked at Greenwich North station I think - cost me £5 or 6 for the whole evening when we saw Cirque du Soleil a couple of months ago

Must be out of there by 11.00pm though, which might be cutting it fine, depending on what your in the O2 for.

Why KB? I'm sure they allow overnight parking there....
  • Options
    Just checked the NCP website, £6, upto midnight, but after 11am, wont be getting there until about 6:30pm, and gig will be finished by 10-10:30.

Cheers all.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]

Signs at the car park say, season ticket holders only between 11pm and 11am. Not sure if it's checked or not, but it might not be worth the risk.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    park in the pilot, its free.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]

Signs at the car park say, season ticket holders only between 11pm and 11am. Not sure if it's checked or not, but it might not be worth the risk.

Yeah you're right about that.... hmmmm, will have a closer look when I use it next week
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    got a feeling one of the cheaper car parks is closed now, went to see a film the other night and it was being used for other purposes.
  • Options
    The cheap car park is shut and being turned into a seating area for the Red Bull air race.
  • Options
    yeah and charging for tickets to see an air race, am I the only one who finds that funny?
  • Options
    Dont know how safe it is but if you take the very last turnoff before the Blackwall tunnel northbound you can go up by the edge of the O2 land where there are derilict houses and stuff. Its only a short walk through to the dome from there and would be free although I dont know how safe your car would be!
  • Options
    The tube car park is defo ST holders only before 11am. They do it by settng the machines not to accept payment before that time so you've had it. We tried bribing the bloke in the kiosk too but he was having none of it. Next best bet was the car park next to it, think we paid £5 for the whole day (9am-5pm).

In one of the O2 car parks, if you're going to the cinema you can get your parking free - take the car park ticket to the food outlets at the cinema, show them your cinema ticket and they swipe the car park ticket. I heard rumours they were knocking that one on the head but last time I went it was still in place.
  • Options
    pop in to pilot for quick half and leave your car there. 2 min walk
  • Options
    Right decided, had a look and going to park in Tunnel Avenue, I know its all being knocked down but plenty of parking there and just off Blackwall Lane that runs parallel, short hop across tunnel approach across to the dome.
    Plus, easy and quick access back on the A2 home.

Cheers Blackheath
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited July 2008
    O2 PARKING

Parked here last night, top end of Tunnel Avenue then walked over, plenty of free parking after 6:30pm, 15 minute walk to the O2, or hop across the footbridge to the cinema and Nando's etc