Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Greenwich beer festival details

Leaflet through door other day said :

140 beers + ciders
£7 before 5 PM or £12 after 5 PM

Friday 18 th
James Earl Giraffe band 1 PM
The conmitments 7.30 PM

Saturday 19th
Zena James Quintet 1 PM
Bootleg Blue Brothers 7.30 PM

Saturday for me about 2 PM.

Comments

• Would love to, but in Southend for cultural tunes and beer with tattoo man and Vale.
  • Fest

it starts on the wednesday.
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Would love to, but in Southend for cultural tunes and beer with tattoo man and Vale.

Tell G that I'll be visiting him soon...cheers
  • just spoke to the neddle man. Very busy at mo.Not about this week has mates over.
    You need to phone him .
  • [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Would love to, but in Southend for cultural tunes and beer with tattoo man and Vale.

Tell G that I'll be visiting him soon...cheers

No problem, will tell him to get his tracing of Ethel Skinner ready.
  • Lmao...
  • Beer festing it on Saturday and Sunday now i think!

Cant wait.
  • Just got back.

Really enjoyed it (even if the music was a little loud - thoug it could be argued we were a little too close to the stage!).

Nice relaxed atmosphere. Good range of ales and ciders - even some imported stuff and a few wines!

Average £1.50 for half pint (stick to halves and sample more!)

Not sure about the pricing at the weekend, but it was £7 before 5pm today.

Thoroughly recommended!
  • Curb-it ----- Tavern. Will be at the beer fest about 2PM Saturday.. Some of the others about 1PM.

main aim is to be in some sorta state to see the Bootleg Blues Band on at 7.30PM
    . Tall order that after 6 hours on the real ale, or worse ENGLISH cider.
  • GH - The Castle Medium cider was delicious.
  • Sponsored links:

• F-blocker. My friend doesnt drink beer or cider. Only spirits or wine... so would there be enough selection of wine for her to drink? its not english wine is it?

And if some freakish reason the weather was good were people sitting outside the marquees etc?
  • Curb-It ur mate might like the cider made with pears (not called cider tho).

on the blurb it said 140 beers , bottle beer and cider. didnt say wine.
  • Thanks. But it doesnt say wine and i just noticed that F blocker above mentioned that they had some wines there so that pricked my ears.

Goonerhater i've been drinking some Swedish cider called Appledorg or something like that. its pears i think, although i tried the Mixed Fruits one the other day. they sell it in the Blackheath Standard... bloody lovely it is.
  • dangerous gear is cider tho aint it . Love a medium dry and its soooooooooooo morish until u fall over.

Always keep a few bottles of Gamers Old English Cider in the fridge naffing great stuff when u struggle in from work on a hot day.

Dont know if true but CAMERA was saying last year that Maggners run out of apples and imported tons and tons of English apples. Fuuny that irish cider. Although the huge rise int the last 2 years is down to magners marketing that add makes me thirsty watching it !!
  • perry
  • Curb_It - there were about 8-10 wines as I recall (it's a little bit hazy!)

The Swedish stuff you've been drinking is called Koppaberg. If you ever go to Ikea, go in the food shop - you can get it in cans for 95p
  • Ah Koppaberg yes... thats what i meant. god knows where i got appledorg from ??
  • Forgot to say - no spirits that I could see, though there was a small Pimms tent.

There's limited cover if it rains & also limited seating, so be prepared to sit on the grass.
  • Curb-It / Tavern what time you geting down there ?
  • Sponsored links:

• not sure to be honest. weather looks khazi so later on i would say but before 5.
  • edited July 2008
    Got there at 2PM. Beer was good. crowded later on. Bootleg Blues Brothers were good but seen better. Recognised a few CAFC peeps wandering about. Got home at 1AM .

Prefer Dartford beer fest in alot of ways. Greenwich a bit posher !!

Oiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Curb -It / Tavern no show ?????

Good to see one of the Dundee guys on it.
  • Sorry. We got side tracked in greenwich then missed the 5pm cut off. We walked down to the Yacht later and walked passed when the Blues Brothers were on and it looked mobbed.

We went yesterday. Lot of the real ales had sold out... there were hardly any left. but enough!! the bloke serving said they had 2,800 in there on Saturday! So think the whole thing was a success but the weather didnt help yesterday so we left there about 8pm as too cold. Joke summer.