Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Iran v Charlton July 20th - Cancelled

edited June 2008 in General Charlton
http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/284579350?

I wonder how many we'll take there Ooh Aah ? Don't think I'll be going. I've heard the game could be explosive.

Comments

• edited June 2008
    Not the first time a Charlton player(s) has played there.

Can anyone name the player(s)?
  • does that mean the usa will take sanctions against us
  • Karim Bhageri (sp?)
  • This game would not have got the go-ahead without the approval of the Government.

CAFC up for the Nobel Peace Prize??
  • edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Karim Bhageri (sp?)

That's one and the other is ?
  • Blimey - really suprised at that.

Probably play Zimbabwe at The Valley next...
  • cant see that happening if we went 1 up mugabe would stomp off home with the ball and change the rules and still platini and blatter would uphold his decision and the game would be awarded to zimbabwe
  • I've just booked my flight :D
  • According to the good Airman, it is by no means certain the game will be played in Tehran, so don't book your flight yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]ZZ?
    He did play against iran but that was played in Uae. So your answer is not right . There is a Charlton player who has played in Iran.
  • Anyone up for it ;)
  • [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]ZZ?
    He did play against iran but that was played in Uae. So your answer is not right . There is a Charlton player who has played in Iran.

WAs it EL Kak
  • ha ha

All booked 6 of us going for a long weekend of beer and women ;-)
  • wow i thought this was just a joke... Welling to tehran don't you just love pre-season friendlys
  • As mentioned earlier, i think the report is slightly wrong as this won't be played in Iran.
  • Charlton single-handedly taking on the axis of evil. I like it.

Iran
    Palarse
    N.Korea?
  • I believe the Charlton player that played in Iran is now back on the payroll if you're thinking of the same game as me Mr Guinness - around November 2001 to qualify for a minor event in Japan and Korea the following summer - Deano was on the bench and a future Charlton midfielder appeared alongside the one who was on our books at the time?
  • [cite]Posted By: Paddy Powell[/cite]Charlton single-handedly taking on the axis of evil. I like it.

Iran
    Palarse
    N.Korea?

Osasuna (Bin Laden) ??
  • Let's hope that all of our "top boys" show for these games...
  • Sponsored links:

• Reid ?
    Kinsella ?
  • So is this going to be played in Spain somewhere ?
  • Kinsella and Holland in the World Cup qualifying play off - Ireland's luck to get the one non European team involved in the play offs, game was on a Thursday dinner time due to time differences etc, Bagheri nearly scored at the end as well but Ireland managed to sneak through. Just broached the subject of a nice trip to Tehran in July indoors which for some strange reason didn't meet with great approval!
  • [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]So is this going to be played in Spain somewhere ?

I heard Bagdad.
  • [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]So is this going to be played in Spain somewhere ?

somewhere around the valencia region on the 20th would do nicely....
  • [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]So is this going to be played in Spain somewhere ?

somewhere around the valencia region on the 20th would do nicely....

As close to Portugal as possible would do me ....

[cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]So is this going to be played in Spain somewhere ?

I heard Bagdad.

You need to press that glass a bit firmer against the wall when they have the big meetings ...
  • The answer is Kins.
  • From
    TEHRAN, Osasuna duo Javad Nekounam and Masoud Shojaei have been included in Iran’s 31-man squad for their training camp in Spain, where Ali Daei’s side will play three matches against local clubs.

Osasuna coach Jose Angel Zingada has allowed the duo to leave the Pamplona-based club’s pre-season training to hook up with the Iran national team in the southern Spanish city of Marbella, where the three-time Asian champions are slated to take on local sides Union Deportivo Marbella and Malaga as well as English Championship side Charlton Athletic.

Iran will be in Spain from July 10 to 20 after which they head to the Czech Republic, where they will continue to prepare for the 2010 World Cup qualifying final round opener against Saudi Arabia with games against local sides Bohemians 1905 and Slavia Praha (Prague), the 2007 Gambrinus Liga champions.

http://www.iranfootballonline.com/news.php?nn=604
  • Game is being played near Jerez, I am trying to find out at the moment the actual ground as supposedly behind closed doors, but there are ways round this. Also hopeful of taking in the Rotheram Friendly.
  • Is this trip some sort of scouting mission?
    I hear the conference league in Iran is bloody terrible so we may be wasting our time.