Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Germany v Turkey

Good game, 1-1 at the moment just been a naughty head clash that has resulted in a blood splattered German getting his swede stiched up in full view of the camera. Lovely, Kazim-Richards almost ripped the goal out the ground before they dribbled one over the line and Germany totally against the run of things equalised through Schweinsteiger. Whose name incidentally translates as 'pork-mounter'.

Really absorbing game and I'm at a stage of the tournament when I would watch as a neutral anyway so don't feel as dirty!

Comments

• edited June 2008
    Technically, it's 'Pig-Foreman' - but that's just as funny :o)

Cracking game so far - Turks unlucky to only be level, but all the Germans have to do, for me, is put pressure on their defence and they'll fold. The two centre halves for both sides look dreadful. Think Semih, Kazim-Richards and Mehmet Aurelio have been outstanding for Turkey, the only decent German player for me has been pig-raiser - none of the others look interested at all.

Saying that, watch them go out and muller Turkey in the second half!
  • Do you mean Gerd Muller em Leroy ? Das Bomber
  • Beebs gone down, as has the rest of Europes coverage apparantly.
  • And now I have a red screen to watch.

It was a Belgian who translated, but as you say. Near enough to be funny.
  • This has got everything! Crap goalkeeping, late goals, streakers, protestors, live feed going down, and some excellent camera work by the guy picking out all the hot German girls in the crowd!
  • 3-2 Germany Lahm!!

How do them krauts do it??

Oh my god they have some lovely women supporting them too
  • and they're through!

ich bein eine fan of them german birds!!
  • edited June 2008
    How did they do that???

Those German ladies are indeed fine creatures
  • That Lehman has been a liability all tournament what a shocker for second Turkey goal, Arsenal are well rid!
  • great game that, really enjoyed some of this tournament been some awesome matches
  • Sponsored links:

• been doing 2-2 for every game during these championships. odds always between 20's an 30's. turkey have stitched me twice in the last minute.
    i've cleaned up with the 1st goalscorers though.
  • Schweinsteiger translates as pig climber.
  • was there much trouble in Germany with all those dissapointed Turks?
  • [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]was there much trouble in Germany with all those dissapointed Turks?

None that I saw, although walking home last night I couldn't find a single kebab shop that was open.
  • what's the general mood like in Germany at the moment BFR ? Swept away on getting to the final, or more muted ?

Interestingly a friend was in Barcelona at the weekend, and was staggered at the lack of interest in the Spain game, and the victory. The Catalans really seem to disassociate themselves with the Spain more than i realised.
  • edited June 2008
    power failure (in Austria I think) last night on the hd coverage, it went off for a bit then came back on, then off again I think Germany got their winner during a period when it was off.... then came back on with 5 live commentary instead and not in HD, then came back, went, came back..
  • In the pub we were all convinced it was Turkey who had scored!
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]what's the general mood like in Germany at the moment BFR ? Swept away on getting to the final, or more muted ?

Interestingly a friend was in Barcelona at the weekend, and was staggered at the lack of interest in the Spain game, and the victory. The Catalans really seem to disassociate themselves with the Spain more than i realised.

It's not quite as mental as the world cup but there were a reported 500,000 people out in Berlin yesterday evening and the bars in Freiburg were packed. After the game it's a tradition to drive around town in convoys - horns blaring, flags flying etc and set off fireworks and this continued for half the night. I watched the game in my local and then after I went on to another pub, even at 2AM that was packed with celebrating fans. You'd think they'd won it from the amount of celebrating going on.

Regarding Barcelona I think they tend to get behind Spain when there a few Catalonians in the side.