Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Antoine Sibierski

edited June 2008 in General Charlton
Has been released by Wigan, would do a good job us I think. Not sure of his wages mind. Also solano is still looking for a club, Reid replacement maybe?

Comments

• Options
    I have thought about both of them, wages would be the issue though IMO.
  • Options
    It has Stoke/Hull written all over it I think.
  • Options
    two interesting calls.

Solano will be a wages issue. There will still be a prem club prepared to take them on i reckon. What quality he would bring though.

SIbierski ? Whole hearted player and think he could stand out at this level, but is he a midfielder or a striker ? where would you play him ?
  • Options
    Centre mid for me, sod ZZ off, Sibierski is better.
  • Options
    They are both 33 and hardly have time on their sides, I wouldn't mind seeing either come to the Valley, but I doubt we'd be able to offer more than a one year deal and they'd both want either something longer or Prem type wages for a single year.
  • Options
    OK, wages are an issue with both, but most of the big earners have left, hopefully Bent & Faye will depart so there is some birth to accomadate some wage outlay. Old saying, you get what you pay for, and the days of finding a few gems from the lower leagues are long gone. Teams that go up this year will be those that spend, I'm not saying lets go blow a fortune, but if we wont to challenge then we need some class. The likes of these two blended with what we have, add some of the youth coming through and we could be sitting prity. We are only 3 players short of a cracking team, as long as we don't start panic buying like last year, all be it they was loans, but they was brought in during the season not the start. Lets take a leaf out of Hull's book, get some good loans in early along with some experience.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]Centre mid for me, sod ZZ off, Sibierski is better.

you are having a bubble mate. Fair enoguh you don't rate ZZ but to say Sibierski is better is just plain nonsense. Not fit to lace ZZ's boots
  • Options
    I think a few people on here really need to lower their expectations. We won't be paying anyone more than £10k a week so anyone who has even played in the Premier League is MILES out of our reach.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    What is it with the ZZ comments it nearly caused me to have a scrap at Ipswich

what was it that disapointed everyone was it his Goals?

how many was it 7,8 or 9 i cant remember ?

or the fact that Pards played him when he obviously needed a rest but i guess that made it ZZ's fault because he should have jogged china on.

with the shite and dross we watched last year there were more players and mgmt who deserved these comments than the poor ZZ
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]What is it with the ZZ comments it nearly caused me to have a scrap at Ipswich

what was it that disapointed everyone was it his Goals?

how many was it 7,8 or 9 i cant remember ?

or the fact that Pards played him when he obviously needed a rest but i guess that made it ZZ's fault because he should have jogged china on.

with the shite and dross we watched last year there were more players and mgmt who deserved these comments than the poor ZZ

hear hear!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just my personal opinion, if we all had the same opinion we'd all support the same team.

I never have 'warmed' to him, I dont think he ever puts the correct weight on a pass no matter how short, (admittedly his long range passing did improve), doesnt tackle and win the ball enough and seems to ball watch a lot of the time. He did chip in more than his fair share of goals (although he missed a hatful as well)
    Not once have I walked away and said to me boy, ZZ was outstanding today, unlike Holland, 5 or 6 years his senior who I praised more or less every week after thinking he had had it.

Thought we played better without him in the side. I dunno, just one of the players I dont rate. Maybe as I havent warmed to him I only look at the negatives now.
  • Options
    Blackpool at home summed up what a fit ZZ could do he was excellent in that game scored 2 cleared from his own goal and was instramental in all we did.

thats what a fit ZZ brings to Charlton poor man mgmt on pards part IMO
  • Options
    Solano would be great for his creativity & set-piece abilities. Sibierski seems a Todorov type, quite useful looking player when I've seen him.
    Both would be good for a year or 2(tops), but certainly wages would scupper any notion of them signing, as I'm sure they will be looking for one last 'bumper' contract to see them through their 'twilight years'.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]Just my personal opinion, if we all had the same opinion we'd all support the same team.

I never have 'warmed' to him, I dont think he ever puts the correct weight on a pass no matter how short, (admittedly his long range passing did improve), doesnt tackle and win the ball enough and seems to ball watch a lot of the time. He did chip in more than his fair share of goals (although he missed a hatful as well)
    Not once have I walked away and said to me boy, ZZ was outstanding today, unlike Holland, 5 or 6 years his senior who I praised more or less every week after thinking he had had it.

Thought we played better without him in the side. I dunno, just one of the players I dont rate. Maybe as I havent warmed to him I only look at the negatives now.

I feel the same - about Holland. never walked away thinking he was outstanding or even very influential. I'd have ZZ every day over Matt, lovely bloke and a trier that he is.

Can't agree about his poor passing and I think the looking lost is him running into position for a short pass and then the ball not coming to him. His close control and ability to turn when closely marked are two of his strenghts.

If he leaves and joins a team with a decent defensive midfielder (or if he stays and we find one) he will shine IMHO
  • Options
    as said on another thread I doubt we will see any better from ZZ next season as he's going from the season, to WC qualifiers, to the Olympics and he will return mid-Sept and will be knackered. We would be better giving him an extra month off to recharge his batteries even if that means he is not available to the 1st team until November. Personally, I think he's over-rated and if he left I wouldn't be particularly bothered.
  • Options
    Thought he was great in the premiership and I do still rate him but he gets muscled off the ball easily in this division, and despite all his ability he is not very creative.

Still, we should buying central midfielders not selling them.
  • Options
    Sibierski - double 'NO'...the only time he was awesome was on Championship Manager.

Solano - not fussed, always liked his attitude, we are desperately poor outwide IMO and he could probably give the likes of Scott Wagstaff a huge boost in terms of his development.
  • Options
    Not likely to sign either to be honest. They would hope to stay in top division or move abroad and Salano must of been on atleast £30,000 a week. Would they be motivated for a scrap in the Champ, doubt it.
  • Options
    Wouldnt really want either, and I thought Sibierski was a striker anyway. Just my opinion, but its like clutching at straws. We need a good midfield general and a creative player. I dont think we have bags of money right now, so the signings just have to be prudent, we cant afford anymore mistakes.
  • Options
    Has signed on loan for Norwich. Good signing IMHO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would love it if solano moved but his wages are too high and might want to move abroad
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CityAddick[/cite] ..... hopefully Bent & Faye will depart so ...........

What a difference a month makes ..........?

;o)